Morrowind:Kill Hard-Heart (Fighters Guild)
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
For the Thieves Guild quest of the same name, see Kill Hard-Heart (Thieves Guild).
- Talk to Percius Mercius for orders.
- Travel to Vivec and kill Sjoring Hard-Heart.
- Return to Percius to complete the quest.
After you've killed Lorbumol gro-Aglakh and (possibly) Eydis Fire-Eye, Percius Mercius in the Ald'ruhn Guild of Fighters will ask you to kill Sjoring Hard-Heart in the Vivec Guild of Fighters next. Evidently Hard-Heart is the heart of the Camonna Tong influence in the Guild. Percius also gives you use of his personal chamber in the Ald'ruhn Fighters Guild, complete with an almost full set of Orcish and Glass armor among other equipment to use (or sell).
Hard-Heart is in the basement of the Vivec Fighters Guild, and is obviously well armored and a tough opponent. Mercius will tell you that he will be waiting for you, but unlike his two lieutenants in the last quest, he will not attack you on sight, nor does he have any dialogue which initiates combat. You will have to taunt him to avoid everyone else in the guild hall becoming hostile. Before you do so, ask him about "orders", and then "Thieves Guild Bosses". He will give you the Remove the Heads of the Thieves Guild quest, and 5,000 drakes to deal with any bounty problems that may result from killing the three bosses.
Return to Percius when you've finished to be named the Master of the Guild.
- Even if you kill Hard-Heart while at a lower Fighters Guild rank, you will still be named Master.
- The final quest of the Thieves Guild also requires you to Kill Hard-Heart. You might want to time things so that you can finish both of these quest-lines in one blow.
- If you've already killed Hard-Heart, you will not receive the Iron Key from Percius. This key unlocks his room and two small chests, one containing orcish armor and another containing glass armor.
- Just about every member of the Fighters Guild will now refer to you as Master from this point on, but besides the disposition increase, you receive no major benefits. You will receive no new quests although your job ostensibly as Guildmaster is to hand out quests to those under you.
- When checking your standing in the Fighters Guild immediately after you kill Sjoring, your rank will already be Master without having to report back to Percius. You will still have to report back to him in order to clear the quest.
- If you've accepted one of Sjoring's quests, he may not outright attack you but demand to know if you've killed the Thieves Guild bosses yet. You may have to attack him (or use the console) to fight him but you should not draw a bounty or be expelled from the Fighters Guild (if you are near other Fighters Guild NPCs, they will become hostile with you if you provoke the fight).
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: Remove Sjoring's Supporters||Up: Fighters Guild Quests||Next: None|