|This place page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|# of Zones||10|
|Divine Intervention||Buckmoth Legion Fort|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Kogoruhn, Bleeding Heart
Kogoruhn, Charma's Breath
Kogoruhn, Dome of Pollock's Eve
Kogoruhn, Dome of Urso
Kogoruhn, Hall of Maki
Kogoruhn, Hall of Phisto
Kogoruhn, Hall of the Watchful Touch
Kogoruhn, Nabith Waterway
Kogoruhn, Temple of Fey
Kogoruhn, Vault of Aerode
Kogoruhn is an ancient Dunmer Stronghold, the location of which was lost with time.
Kogoruhn, whose name means "Unbreakable Home", is the lost stronghold of House Dagoth. Its Propylon Chamber no longer functions, and long ago, after the fall of House Dagoth, it was taken off the propylon transport route. It lies in ruin, and its location is generally forgotten.
The stronghold may seem akin to the other ancient Dunmer fortresses scattered around Vvardenfell, but is in fact much more dangerous, as it is inhabited by a variety of both leveled and set Ash Creatures and Daedra. Outside of Ghostfence, it is the primary Sixth House base, and also features extensive tunnels under the stronghold, with connections inside the Ghostfence just to the east of Vemynal.
The stronghold contains some very valuable items, some of which are required for the Main Quest. The Halls hold relics of House Dagoth, as well as fallen adventurers, one of whom carries the unique claymore Fury and an incomplete set of Glass Armor. Other notable items are a Sixth House Bell Hammer in the Temple of Fey, an Ebony Spear sticking from a desk in the Hall of the Watchful Touch and a Dwarven Mace lying on a crate in the Nabith Waterway. Finally, in the Bleeding Heart section you can find a pair of Daedric Gauntlets, an Orcish Warhammer and the Shadow Shield, which you will need to acquire to complete The Path of the Incarnate.
 Unique Creatures
|Dagoth Baler||Ash Ghoul||Undead†||16||300 (Grand)||240||300||Hall of the Watchful Touch||Repair||Merchant (0 gold), can speak|
|Dagoth Daynil||Ash Ghoul||Ash Creature||16||300 (Grand)||240||300||Charma's Breath||Repair||Merchant (0 gold)|
|Dagoth Delnus||Ash Ghoul||Ash Creature||16||300 (Grand)||240||300||Hall of Phisto||Repair||Merchant (0 gold), can speak|
|Dagoth Elam||Ash Ghoul||Ash Creature||16||300 (Grand)||240||300||Bleeding Heart||Repair||Merchant (0 gold)|
|Dagoth Fervas||Ash Ghoul||Ash Creature||16||300 (Grand)||240||300||Charma's Breath||Repair||Merchant (0 gold), can speak|
|Dagoth Girer||Ash Ghoul||Ash Creature||16||300 (Grand)||240||300||Dome of Pollock's Eve||Repair||Merchant (0 gold), can speak|
|Dagoth Ralas||Ash Ghoul||Ash Creature||16||300 (Grand)||240||300||Nabith Waterway||Repair||Merchant (0 gold), can speak|
|Dagoth Reler||Ascended Sleeper||Ash Creature||20||330 (Grand)||280||340||Dome of Urso||None||Can speak|
|Dagoth Ulen||Ascended Sleeper||Ash Creature||20||330 (Grand)||280||340||Vault of Aerode||None||Can speak|
|Dagoth Uvil||Ascended Sleeper||Ash Creature||20||330 (Grand)||280||340||Temple of Fey||None||Can speak|
|Dagoth Uthol||Ash Vampire||Ash Creature||30||340 (Grand)||300||350||Charma's Breath||None||Can speak|
† Dagoth Baler is unique among ash ghouls in that he actually is considered undead by the game; for example Turn Undead spells will work on him.
- Note: All unique creatures in Kogoruhn have an Alarm stat of 0, and a Fight stat of 90.
- The stronghold contains a sword called Fury. Read the notes on the linked page before wielding it to avoid a potentially serious bug.
- It's possible for a very low-level character to get some pretty good loot from this location without having to face too much opposition. Here's how:
- Approach the ruin from the direction of Falasmaryon. On that side of the fort, you'll find Feril Salmyn, a dead Ordinator with a complete set of Indoril armor, as well as the Hair Shirt of Saint Aralor.
- Outside at the ruin, there will be a number of hostile creatures, but if you're fast, you can ignore them. The first thing you should do is head straight for the Hall of Phisto, which is the largest of the buildings visible from the outside. Do NOT enter any of the other doors on the outside, as some of them contain very dangerous opponents.
- Once inside, go to your left from the entrance. Follow the hallway and take your first right when you have a chance. This will lead to the Hall of Maki. If you head straight there, you should not meet any opposition whatsoever in the Hall of Phisto.
- In the Hall of Maki, take your first right. There may be an Ash Creature in this room, but at low levels it is usually just an Ash Slave, which shouldn't be too difficult to defeat.
- In the hallway behind this room are three locked cells. (Fairly simple locks.) The one straight across from you is the best, as it contains some glass items.
- Use a teleportation spell to get out of there.
- Congratulations, you now have a complete set of the best Medium Armor and a few pieces of the best Light Armor that exist in the game, and you only had to fight maybe one low-level creature to get it.
- In the Dome of Pollock's Eve there is "THE DREAMER IS AWAKE" written on the floor using blood red daedric letters. The same phrase is found in the Dome of Urso, but it is written with the Latin alphabet.
- In the vault of Aerode, in a room with a bonelord, there is a House Dagoth symbol drawn on the floor in stacks of gold coins.
 Related Quests
- The Path of the Incarnate: You visit the Urshilaku Camp once again and must complete the Third Trial of the prophecy.
- The Citadels of the Sixth House: Find the Ash Vampires to collect powerful artifacts and make your assault on Dagoth Ur himself.
- Hair Shirt of St. Aralor: Recover this lost relic from Kogoruhn.