|This place page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|# of Zones||1|
|Lord Dregas Volar|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Accessible only via the Daedric Sanctuary Amulet|
Magas Volar is a Daedric shrine that is not physically connected to any location in Morrowind, and is only accessible by means of a certain magic amulet.
This location can be accessed only by using the Daedric Sanctuary Amulet found in a Small Ornate Lockbox in Tel Fyr. Equipping the amulet will instantly transport you to this Daedric shrine, where you will be attacked by the powerful Dremora Lord Dregas Volar. He will be wielding the Daedric Crescent, a unique 2-handed long blade. After you defeat him, you will be instantly transported back to Tel Fyr (even if that's not where you were before), with the Daedric Crescent in your inventory. The Daedric Sanctuary Amulet will disappear.
- Defeating Volar is almost the only way to escape from this location. On the GOTY edition, Divine Intervention and Almsivi Intervention spells will not work here; on the vanilla version, both effects work (Almsivi takes you to Vivec and Divine to Pelagiad). Recall works on both versions of the game, but of course, not if you used a Mark and Recall to transport yourself back to Magas Volar, as you can only have one Mark at a time.
- Originally, the corpse of Volar carried the Daedric Crescent and the Tel Fyr Amulet, which was supposed to bring one back to Tel Fyr. However, the amulet-scripting inside the game is bugged and actually freezes the game as soon as it is worn. Therefore the game was changed and you are transported back as soon as the Dremora drops dead. The weapon is simply put into your inventory, and the old amulet is removed. The dead Dremora was not changed and still carries the amulet and weapon.
- This issue has been addressed by the Morrowind Patch Project; the amulet functions properly, although it does not vanish after use as originally intended.
- For a split second after killing Volar, it is possible to loot his corpse before you are transported back to Tel Fyr, thus ending up with two Daedric Crescents. This requires expert timing, but it is the only method of acquiring two without using console commands or alternative methods of teleportation.
- It is possible to return to this place using the Mark and Recall spells. It is, however, not that easy to leave this place again.
- Items with scripted teleportation on them, such as the three vampiric amulets or the Barilzar's Mazed Band from Tribunal will still work.
- If one of the mentioned transport methods is available, the following steps are advisable:
- When arriving in Magas Volar, cast a Mark spell before killing Volar.
- Also drop the Daedric Sanctuary Amulet, otherwise it will be lost.
- Kill Volar. You will be transported (back) to Tel Fyr.
- Return here using a Recall spell.
- Loot the corpse of Volar to get a second Crescent, the Tel Fyr Amulet and possibly a Daedra's Heart. The amulet was supposed to transport you instantly to Tel Fyr when you put it on. Unfortunately, this item is bugged, and will crash the game instead. (There are various third-party patches that fix this, but the since the amulet can only be used once, it is more beneficial to sell it or just keep it as a unique artifact)
- Collect the Daedric Sanctuary Amulet again.
- Return to the world using one of the aforementioned methods.
If you have the Construction Set and want to fix the Tel Fyr Amulet yourself, it's pretty simple. Find the amulet in the Clothing section, and double-click it, then click the ... button next to the Script field. Scroll down in the script window until you find the line that reads:
;Set OnPCEquip to 0
Simply remove the ; from the line so that it reads:
Set OnPCEquip to 0
Now find the line that reads:
Set doOnce to -1
Simply ADD the ; to the start of the line so that it reads:
;Set doOnce to -1
Save your mod and make sure it's loaded when you start the game next time, and this amulet should work properly.