Morrowind:M'Aiq the Liar
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|M'Aiq the Liar (m'aiq)|
|Location||Sheogorad Region, [9,21]|
M'Aiq the Liar is a Khajiit rogue who can be found on a small island southeast of Dagon Fel in the Sheogorad Region. Much of M'Aiq's dialogue refers to many requested or anticipated features of Morrowind which were not included in the final release of the game.
 Related Quests
- Boethiah's Quest: Restore the glory of this forgotten Daedra Lord.
- Liches: "You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead." (All three things that you're supposed to find don't exist. Although the Siege at Firemoth official plug-in and Tribunal expansion add liches, you cannot take their hearts.)
- Dragons: "Dragons? Oh, they're everywhere! You must fly very high to see most of them, though. The ones nearer the ground are very hard to see, being invisible."
- Emperor Crabs: "M'Aiq sees lots of them in the ocean. M'Aiq knows you'll see one too if you swim far enough."
- Horses: "Horses.... Oh, M'Aiq loves horses! Especially with good cream sauce." and "You would wish to ride upon a beast? There is a way... Go to one of the many silt-strider ports and pay your fee! You wish one for personal use? Bah! Walk if you must; run if you are chased!"
- Corpses: "Moving corpses? This sounds frightening to M'Aiq. The undead are nothing to be toyed with."
- Multiplayer: "M'Aiq does not know this word. You wish others to help you in your quest? Coward! If you must, search for the Argonian Im-Leet, or perhaps the big Nord, Rolf the Uber. They will certainly wish to join you." (Neither of these characters exist. The characters' names are allusions to leet and über)
- Dwemer: "There is no mystery. M'Aiq knows all. The dwarves were here, and now they are not! They were very short folks... Or perhaps they were not. It all depends on your perspective. I'm sure they thought they were about the right height."
- Naked Liches: "A horrible thing indeed. If you see one, let M'Aiq know. M'Aiq wants to make sure to look in the other direction."
- Nudity: "Ahh... The beauty of the naked form. These Dunmer are rather prudish, are they not? Of course, there is an island you can reach filled with wonderful, naked, glistening bodies. It only appears when the moons are full, the rain falls, the seas run red, and it's M'Aiq's birthday."
- Climbing: "Climbing ropes that hang is too difficult. M'Aiq prefers to climb the ones that are tied horizontally." (A reference to the climbing skill in Daggerfall)
- Shrine of Boethiah: "You seek the shrine that is no longer there? An interesting concept. Look to the seas to the West. There lies what was once the shrine. Take a deep breath and begin your search." (This is perhaps the only thing that is completely true that M'Aiq says.)
- Mudcrab Merchant: "M'Aiq has heard of this. They've got all the money. Mudcrabs taking over everything. They already run Pelagiad." (This also contains some truth...although the Mudcrab Merchant isn't really all that near Pelagiad.)
- Weresharks: "I have only met one, but he was afraid of the water." (A reference to Daggerfall where there were many different types of werecreatures, while in Morrowind there weren't any until the introduction of Bloodmoon. Weresharks are supposedly a very rare type of lycanthrope - see On Lycanthropy.)
- M'Aiq's name is alternately spelled with a lower-case "a".
- He has a unique ability called "M'aiq's Water Walking", which unsurprisingly enables him to walk on water.
- M'Aiq is encountered again in Oblivion and Skyrim with similarly-themed dialogue.