Morrowind:Master of Security
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Chat with Sugar-Lips Habasi about jobs and Altmer.
- Ask around town until you find the Master of Security that Sugar-Lips is seeking.
- Convince Hecerinde to help secure the South Wall Cornerclub.
- Return to Sugar-Lips to finish the quest.
Sugar-Lips Habasi in the South Wall Cornerclub in Balmora asks you to help her by locating a fellow Thieves Guild master of Security who is living in town so that he may help secure the South Wall Cornerclub. All that she knows is that he is an Altmer (High Elf), and suggests that you ask around since there are only a few Altmer living in Balmora.
Inquiries about Altmer in Town
Just about anyone in town will be able to identify the six or so Altmer in town:
- Culumaire, at the Lucky Lockup.
- Estirdalin, at the Mages Guild.
- Imare, at the Hlaalu Council Manor.
- Nalcarya of White Haven, the Alchemist.
- Hecerinde, found in his house.
- Tyermaillin, found in his house.
It's a matter of some footwork to walk around and talk to each one, but you can eventually find out that Hecerinde is the security master.
A Chat with Hecerinde
Hecerinde can be found at his house in Balmora, which is located on the east bank of the Odai River running through town, up on the north end. Chat with Hecerinde about security and South Wall and he'll admit to having neglected his duties to the Thieves Guild, and will agree to help Sugar-Lips with her request.
Return to Habasi
Return to Habasi with the news to complete the quest. If you have any bounties on your head at this time, she will reset your bounty back to zero.
- Hecerinde is the master trainer in Security; he will train you if you're a member of the Thieves Guild with a ranking of Blackcap or above.
- If you kill Hecerinde during the quest, Habasi is understandably upset with you. Her disposition towards you drops 20 points and you lose five points of Thieves Guild reputation. If Hecerinde is already dead when the quest starts, Habasi is disappointed, but there is no penalty.
- If you talk to Hecerinde about 'South Wall' before joining the Thieves Guild, he will talk about being negligent towards the guild, and you will get the journal entry directing you to Sugar-Lips Habasi. Talking to her about 'South Wall' will complete this quest and prevent you from obtaining Habasi's earlier quests. This may prevent you from gaining sufficient faction reputation to advance to Master Thief.
- This bug is fixed by the Morrowind Patch Project.
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: Free New-Shoes Bragor||Up: Thieves Guild Quests||Next: Find New Quest Giver|