Morrowind:Mysterious Killings in Vivec
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Hear latest rumors about Mysterious Killings.
- Talk to Elam Andas in the Office of the Watch.
- Slay the Dreamer Prophet.
- Return to Andas for your choice of rewards.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Speak to people in Vivec about the latest rumors and you're bound to hear of the latest mysterious deaths, including two Ordinators. You will eventually be directed to Elam Andas in the Office of the Watch in Vivec's Hall of Justice, Temple Canton, for more information.
 Mysterious Killings in Vivec
The murders were strange in that although all the victims were armed, it appears that only one of the seven, a mage, had put up a fight, and nothing was removed from the bodies. Three victims were found in the Foreign Quarter, one in the water surrounding the Arena, one in the Hlaalu Compound, and the two guards near the Hlaalu victim (the last two are believed to be related). The fact that the two guards did not have their weapons drawn brings the concern that the murderer is incredibly powerful. Finally, although there are no witnesses, there is a report of someone being threatened by a Dunmer woman wearing a skirt and Netch armor, and wielding a dagger.
 More Detective Work
Ask around about the murders and the woman in the Hlaalu Compound, Arena, and Foreign Quarter. From the Foreign Quarter you'll learn that a Dunmer woman was seen in the underworks of the canton. Still vague, but it is worth checking out.
 Bring an End to the Murders
Enter the west side of the Underworks in the Foreign Quarter. The woman in question is indeed the culprit, which is basically confirmed when she attacks you on sight (she is a red-haired Dreamer Prophet). She is wielding a Dagoth Dagger, which rapidly drains its victim's fatigue, so beware. This explains why the two dead guards were unable to draw their swords after being surprised.
 Deliver the Good News
Report back to Andas when she is dead to receive a choice of an Indoril Helm and Cuirass, or the Belt of the Armor of God, a belt that fortifies Willpower while casting Sanctuary and Shield spells. Remember, if any form of text dialog is exchanged with an Ordinator while wearing the Indoril Helm, or Indoril Cuirass, it will permanently trigger all Ordinators to attack you on sight.
- If you are having trouble finding someone who will mention the attacks, Marcel Maurard in the lower waistworks of the Foreign Quarter talks about it, though so does almost anyone in Vivec if they don't have something more important to talk about.
- The Dreamer Prophet has a Crude Bronze Key that opens the cell in Mamaea, Sanctum of Black Hope where Hannat Zainsubani is held prisoner.
- Although Elam states that the Indoril Helm and Cuirass are Heavy Armor, they are in fact standard Indoril armor and are therefore Medium Armor.
- The Dreamer Prophet does not exist until you speak to Elam Andas.
- Not far from where you find the Dreamer, there is a dead Orc under the water, possibly her most recent victim. There are other corpses in some of the other cantons' underworks as well, some of which have been there for quite some time. It's unclear whether these are related or not.
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.