|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Sugar-Lips Habasi in Balmora's South Wall Cornerclub asks you to acquire the key to Nerano Manor. There are two copies, one held by Ondres Nerano in the manor itself (he is downstairs but the key opens the upstairs), and his servant Sovor Trandel, who hangs out at the Council Club (near the Silt Strider).
Obtaining the KeyEdit
The cleanest (although often hardest) way to acquire the key is to pickpocket it from one of them. You might like to save so you can reload until you succeed.
Alternately, you can kill Sovor (ideally taunting him into attacking you so you don't get a bounty). He is fully expendable, and if you're also doing Larrius Varro's quest (talk to him at Moonmoth Legion Fort to start it), you're supposed to kill him anyway.
You can also persuade him to 70 Disposition. After his disposition is 70 or over, choosing the "Nerano Manor" chat option will cause him to ask for a little compensation and update your journal. If you successfully bribe again (any amount) he will give you the key.
In the unpatched version of the game, another way is to attack Ondres with hand-to-hand attacks. He's useless at it, so it shouldn't be hard to take him down. Once he goes down you can take the key from him. In the patched game, trying to steal from an unconscious character no longer works.
If you kill him you'll still be able to pass the quest, however Habasi angrily takes the key without paying you because now the house won't have any new valuables in it for a long, long time.
Complete the QuestEdit
Once you have the key be sure to clear out the Manor yourself before returning to Habasi. She'll pay you 500 gold for the key, and that's in addition to anything you already took from the house.
- If you've activated Larrius Varro's quest the other patrons, all of whom along with Sovor are members of the Camonna Tong, will attack when you fight Sovor, so you may have quite a bar fight on your hands. If this happens just grab the key and high-tail it out of there, you can return to kill the others later.
- If you are a member of House Redoran, you will be asked to duel Ondres. If you kill him in this duel, you will be penalized by the Thieves Guild, but Ondres will give up if you knock him out or his health drops below 50.
- If Ondres dies during the quest, Habasi is annoyed because it makes her task "very hard". You get the Thieves Guild reputation increase, but not the gold or disposition bump.
- If you get the key by bribing, you can return it to Ondres Nerano and receive ten gold as well as a Disposition increase. Ondres gets pretty mad and "will deal" with Sovor Trandel. Sovor will no longer be at the Council Club making it impossible to complete Larrius Varro's quest. If you go back to Sugar-Lips Habasi empty handed, she'll yell at you and send you back to get an extra key. Of course now you will have to pickpocket it.
- If you bribe Sovor Trandel for the key, you can get another copy of the key if/when you kill him for Larrius Varro.
- Sometimes, if you pickpocket Sovor, he will not have the key on him. That means he has to either be killed or bribed.
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: Diamonds for Habasi||Up: Thieves Guild Quests||Next: Ra'Zhid's Dwemer Artifacts|