For the Ordinator class, see Ordinator (class).
Ordinators are special guards employed by the Tribunal Temple to guard its premises and the city of Vivec. They are sworn to uphold both Temple law and Imperial law. Ordinators wear some of the best Medium armor, colored light-gold and blue, and masks hide their faces. They will respawn if killed.
Ordinators are devout and staunch supporters of the Tribunal Temple, following the reigning doctrine. As such, they are opposed to the Nerevarine Prophecies and the Dissident Priests. They also have a friendly rivalry with the Buoyant Armigers, another Temple military order.
Their distinctive armor is sometimes called "Indoril" armor because many, although not all, Ordinators are members of House Indoril.
There are four distinct orders of Ordinators: The Order of the Watch are responsible for law enforcement in Temple districts; the Order of War fight hostile Daedra worshippers and the Sixth House; the Order of Inquisition try and execute "heretics", often in defiance of Imperial Law; and the Order of Doctrine and Ordination are militant scholars who study Temple writings.
Ordinators are found mainly in the City of Vivec, but also in some Tribunal temples (e.g. the Ghostgate). Usually there are a few Ordinators on patrol on the exteriors of Vivec cantons, and a few more inside. They also guard the prison in the Ministry of Truth. A small contingent of Ordinators are also stationed at Molag Mar. Ordinators in Mournhold are known as High Ordinators.
Ordinators display an offensive and aggressive behavior towards outlanders, including you. They also have lower dispositions towards you than other guards do.
"Scum" and "If you've come for trouble, then you'll get more than you bargained for." are often heard when passing near them on low dispositions; at high dispositions they show a certain dislike anyway.
Ordinators' combat behavior differs from other guards: if you attack one before its blow lands on you, you'll be placed on all Ordinators' hatelist, meaning that they will attack you on sight instead of offering you the chance to surrender. The same applies if you are caught wearing either the Indoril Helmet or Cuirass.
In battle they can be quite a challenge, even when compared to other guards, since they possess better armor and can cast Destruction spells.
After you're named Nerevarine by the Urshilaku Ashlanders, the Ordinators might attack you on sight, if your disposition with them is very low. After you meet with Archcanon Tholer Saryoni and Vivec, Ordinators will be more accepting.
- Because Ordinators' equipment alltogether is worth 33.600 gold, killing them for money is a quite profitable activity.
 Important Ordinators
- Tarer Braryn at the Office of the Watch in Vivec's Hall of Justice, Temple Canton
- Elam Andas at the Office of the Watch in Vivec's Hall of Justice, Temple Canton
 Related Quests
- Mehra Milo and the Lost Prophecies: You must once again find Mehra Milo in Vivec.
- Hortator and Nerevarine: Make the arrangements to meet the god Vivec and receive the plan to defeat Dagoth Ur.
- Control the Ordinators: Talk with Archcanon Saryoni on how to control the Ordinators.
- Suryn Athones' Slanders: Kill an Ordinator in Vivec who is spreading lies about the Legion.