Morrowind:Pilgrimage to Mount Kand
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to Tharer Rotheloth at the Temple in Molag Mar for your duties.
- Travel to Mount Kand to make the pilgrimage to its shrine.
- Enter Mount Kand, Cavern and solve the riddles presented by the Flame, Frost and Storm Atronachs.
- Activate the shrine at the end of the cavern.
- Return to Tharer to complete the quest.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Tharer Rotheloth in the Molag Mar Tribunal Temple asks you to make the Pilgrimage to Mount Kand shrine. Tharer gives you four Quality Potions of Night-Eye and warns you that you should be good with riddles or find The Yellow Book of Riddles (found randomly at many booksellers like the one in Balmora). Mount Kand should now be marked on your map and is northwest of Molag Mar .
 Mount Kand Shrine
Inside you will encounter a Flame Atronach, which you should not attack but talk to (if you attack and kill it you will have to wait until it respawns which can be a few days). The riddle you receive is:
The choices to answer this riddle are: Ebony, Glass, Daedric, Lead and Iron, with the relatively obvious correct choice of lead. If you answer incorrectly you will have to kill the creature and wait until it respawns.
Continue on to find a Frost Atronach on a frozen pool who again offers you a riddle:
If you answer that the atronach will kill you with a spell, he will demonstrate that it is indeed the truth by attacking you. If, instead, you tell the atronach a lie - that he will slay you with a sword, he proves its falsehood by letting you go.
Continue on to find a Storm Atronach offering the longer riddle:
The key to this riddle is the Khajiit's statement. If the Khajiit is telling the truth, then that means the Dunmer is lying, but if the Khajiit is lying, then that means the Dunmer must be telling the truth; either the Khajiit or the Dunmer must be the truth teller. Since it's now confirmed that neither the Altmer nor the Orc are telling the truth, then the Dunmer must be innocent, and the Orc must have killed Zedias-soko. The answer to this riddle is that the Orc did it. Continue past the Storm Atronach to the shrine to finish your pilgrimage.
When you activate the shrine, you will receive a Reputation point, and the Blessings of the Mount Kand Shrine: Fortify Endurance and Intelligence each +10 for 48 minutes.
Return to Tharer for his blessings.
- It is good idea to quicksave before approaching each Atronach in order to avoid having to wait until it respawns if you fail a riddle.
- If you answer incorrectly the first time, you can cast a Calm spell and try to answer the riddle again. The Atronach you calm will still attack you after the spell wears off, however.
- These are roughly the same riddles found in The Yellow Book of Riddles.
- You can do this quest at any time, even without being a member of the Temple. The shrine will give you only one Reputation point.
- In the case of the third riddle, since the riddle doesn't state how many people slew Zedias-soko, there is a chance for multiple correct answers; it could just as easily have been a group effort, though a lone assailant is just as likely. As such, while it's impossible to establish the identity of the truth teller and who else, if anyone, took part in the effort, we can say with certainty that the Dunmer is innocent and the Orc is guilty.
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: Cure Lette||Up: Tribunal Temple Quests||Next: Necromancer in Mawia|