|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
This quest is different from normal quests in some aspects. There are multiple separate events that start and update the quest and there are different ways to solve it.
While advancing through the Main Quest, various events will occur that show the growing influence of the Sixth House. Several people will start talking oddly, announcing the rise of Dagoth Ur, and you will receive a couple of disturbing dreams and cultists will eventually attack you in your sleep.
"You had a disturbing dream. You can only recall one point. A tall figure with a golden mask led you among the dead as through a wedding celebration. You heard many voices, but no lips moved. You strained to breathe, but your chest didn't move. The tall figure spoke with each figure as he passed among them, laughing and joking, as if they were alive, but they made no reply. You tried to cry out, but without breath, your tongue fluttered in vain."
While advancing through the informant quests given by Caius Cosades and sleeping in Ald'ruhn, Balmora or Vivec you will receive disturbing dreams about a tall figure with a golden mask (Dagoth Ur). You will receive your first dream after you have returned the Dwemer Puzzle Box during the Antabolis Informant quest, your second and third after you talk with Addhiranirr and Mehra Milo, respectively, during the Vivec Informants quest. You will receive the last dream after the Zainsubani Informant quest.
When you have received your first dream, you can talk about this with a few people by mentioning the disturbing dreams topic. Caius Cosades will be worried, but can only warn you not to listen to them. Mehra Milo will advise you to speak to an Ashlander about this. If you talk to an Ashlander they will just direct you to a Wise Woman, though Hassour Zainsubani can tell you a bit more about them. Of all the Wise Women, Nibani Maesa of the Urshilaku Camp, will be best able to explain the dreams to you. This will not stop the dreams from occurring though.
After you have returned the Dwemer Puzzle Box during the Antabolis Informant quest, you will notice various Dunmer approaching you at night. They will speak oddly about the rise of Dagoth Ur and call themselves "Sleepers". If you are a Dunmer yourself they will invite you to come to the Red Mountain and join the Sixth House. If you are not, they will warn you to leave Morrowind while you still can. Each time they speak to you, their disposition towards you will drop. Be careful, if they hate you enough, they might attack you.
The Sleepers are:
- Alvura Othrenim, in the Vivec Arena Waistworks
- Assi Serimilk, in Maar Gan
- Daynasa Telandas, on the Arano Plantation
- Dralas Gilu, in Pelagiad
- Drarayne Girith, in the Plot and Plaster in Tel Aruhn
- Dravasa Andrethi's, in his house in Ald'ruhn
- Endris Dilmyn, in his shack in Khuul
- Eralane Hledas, in Vivec, St. Olms Canal North-One
- Llandras Belaal, in Balmora
- Neldris Llervu, in Suran
- Nelmil Hler, in the Vivec, Redoran Waistworks
- Rararyn Radarys, in Balmora
- Relur Faryon, in the Vivec, Hlaalu Canalworks
- Vireveri Darethran, in Ald Velothi
- Vivyne Andrano, in the Vivec, St. Delyn Waistworks
Attacked by Cultists
After you have completed the Sixth House Base quest, and sleep in Ald'ruhn, Balmora or Vivec you will be attacked by an ash zombie. You can report this to Caius Cosades and he will advise you to sleep outside of town. He will also advise you to search for a nearby base of Sixth House cultists before they attack you again.
Breaking the Curse
There is one definitive way to solve the quest, and that is to destroy Dagoth Ur. This will stop the attacks and will lift the spell that was influencing the Sleepers.
It is possible to stop these events earlier in the Main Quest by seeking out the cultists responsible for these events and killing them. There are four cultists responsible in total, and they can all be found at different locations. There are no real leads to those locations, but there are a few other quests that deal with this matter.
The Redoran quest Ash Statue deals with tracking down the cultist in Ald'ruhn. The cultist is Hanarai Assutlanipal and she can be found in her own house. You can kill her anytime, you don't have to be involved in the Ash Statue quest.
Killing Dagoth Hlevul will save Alvura Othrenim, Daynasa Telandas, Eralane Hledas, Neldris Llervu, Nelmil Hler, Relur Faryon and Vivyne Andrano from Dagoth Ur's influence, and stop the attacks when sleeping in Vivec.
Dagoth Fovon in Hassour
The Temple quest Dark Cult in Hassour sends you to Hassour to eliminate the Sixth House cult there, and ultimately Dagoth Fovon. You don't have to be involved in the quest to venture to Hassour on your own and eliminate the cult.
Dagoth Draven in Subdun
There is no quest that points you to Dagoth Draven in Subdun. You will have to travel there on your own and eliminate Dagoth Draven, located in Subdun, Shrine.
Reaping the Rewards
No one will give you a reward when completing this quest, but after you have saved a Sleeper from Dagoth Ur's influence, by either finishing the Main Quest or killing the cultist responsible, you can talk to him or her. They will thank you for saving them and state that they will tell everyone they know how you saved them, causing you to gain 1 Reputation point. This can be done for every Sleeper, eventually netting you a total of 15 Reputation points!
- Even if you eliminate all the cultists responsible, the quest will remain as an Active Quest in your journal. Only when completing The Citadels of the Sixth House will this quest be marked as finished.
- If you are attacked by a cultist in a certain town, you will not be attacked there again until you have slept at least once outside that town.
- If you kill an essential character, even after completing the main quest, sleepers will refuse to speak to you and cannot be cured.
- Due to an error in Neldris Llervu's dialogue it is possible to repeatedly receive Reputation points each time you mention Sixth House to him, after you have saved him from Dagoth Ur's influence. This only works if you saved Neldris by killing Dagoth Hlevul (instead of finishing the main quest). Once you complete the main quest, the glitch no longer works. This bug only applies to Neldris and no other sleepers.
- Once a sleeper has become aggressive, they will remain hostile toward you even after you cure them. You'll need to calm them temporarily in order to speak to them.
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: Report to Caius Cosades||Up: Main Quest||Next: None|