|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Build the first phase of your stronghold:
- Talk to Llunela Hleran at the Telvanni Council House in Sadrith Mora to start the process.
- Travel to Ebonheart to receive the construction contract from Duke Vedam Dren.
- Collect two strong souls.
- Return to Llunela with the souls and contract, and the construction will begin.
- After a few days, talk to Llunela again, who will ask you to check on the stronghold progress.
- Talk to the foreman on Uvirith's Grave, Gashnakh gra-Mughol, and return to Llunela with the news.
- The first phase should be finished after a few more days.
- Build the second phase of your stronghold:
- Build the third and last phase of your stronghold:
 Detailed Walkthrough
 First Phase
 Starting the Process
Once you reach the rank of Mouth you can start the construction of your stronghold by talking with Llunela Hleran in the Telvanni Council House in Sadrith Mora. She will tell you that you need a construction contract from Duke Vedam Dren in the Grand Council Chamber in Ebonheart and that you must collect two strong souls.
 Getting the Contract and the Souls
All that Vedam requires is for you to give an oath to aid the people of Vvardenfell for you to receive the contract. If you have already received Moon-and-Star from Azura, he will give it to you without hesitation, for all the noble acts you have done for Morrowind. The best way to get the souls is to summon two of the suggested daedra (Winged Twilight, Storm Atronach or Golden Saint); Urtiso Faryon in her Sorcerer's store and Nelso Salenim in the Telvanni Council House both sell a Summon Storm Atronach spell if you need one. For those with lower conjuration, a respawning Storm Atronach is located at the bottom of Mount Kand cavern. Once the two souls gems are filled, return to Hleran to begin the first phase of construction on your stronghold. After a few days you'll receive a journal entry prompting you to speak with Hleran again.
Warning: She will gladly accept Azura's Star as one of the soul gems, and she will not give it back. Make sure you store it somewhere before you return to her with the filled soul gems.
 Checking on the Progress
Hleran will now give you the stronghold's location (Tel Uvirith in the Uvirith's Grave area), northwest of the Erabenimsun Camp, far west-southwest of Sadrith Mora. Speak with the site foreman there, the Orc Gashnakh gra-Mughol, and return to report to Hleran.
You will receive another journal entry in a few days when the construction is finished.
 Second Phase
Once the first phase of construction on your stronghold is complete, you can speak with Hleran again to begin your first upgrade. Hleran will ask you for 5,000 gold and some Dwemer plans from the ruins of Mzanchend (northwest of your stronghold). Bring the plan and the gold back to Hleran to start the upgrade construction.
You will receive a journal entry in a few days once construction is complete.
 Third Phase
 Guards Needed
Once you reach the rank of Master or Magister, speak to Hleran again to begin your second and last upgrade to your tower. She will tell you that guards are needed for your stronghold and that you'll need to find the book Secrets of Dwemer Animunculi, found only in the vampire lair Galom Daeus, to create the guards.
 Getting the Book
The lair is west-southwest of your tower and it is a dangerous place, as it is home to the Berne Clan of vampires. Retrieve the book and return to Hleran, who will order the final phase of construction to begin (note that when you collect the book you also gain the Dwemer Animunculi spell to summon a Centurion Sphere, the only known way to get it).
You'll receive a journal entry in about 5 days, once the construction is complete.
- Hleran will not accept the soul of the Storm Atronach encountered during Azura's Quest.
- After the second and third phases, there are ebony weapons and special brandies around in the village homes and the tower, as well as an extensive dungeon in which you will find a dead body.
- The Secrets of Dwemer Animunculi can be shown to Edwinna Elbert for a Mages Guild faction increase (but only if you belong to the Mages Guild). If you refuse to show it to her, then her disposition drops 30 points. If you show it to her, her disposition increases by 25 points. (Although the book may be acquired without being Telvanni you can't talk to her about it as you lack the topic needed.)
- Console cheat for the book:
player->AddItem "bk_SecretsDwemerAnimunculi", 1
- Although some higher level souls equate to that of a Golden Saint (eg. Ascended Sleeper), she will not accept Grand Soul Gems with these souls in them.
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.