Morrowind:The Twin Lamps
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to Ilmeni Dren in Vivec for business.
- Travel to Ald Velothi and meet with Galyn Arvel to learn that J'Saddha is hiding in Ashalmawia
- Kill the slave-hunters following J'Saddha, or
- Convince them to leave town on a wild goose chase
- Escort J'Saddha to the Fair Helas at the docks
- Return to Ilmeni
 Detailed Walkthrough
For Ilmeni Dren's next quest, you will need to have freed a number of slaves (at least 20), inquired about the Twin Lamps, and received the key phrase, They light the way to freedom. Once you know this phrase you can talk to Ilmeni about business and then slavery, and use the phrase to unlock her next two quests. She will ask you to help the Twin Lamps in Ald Velothi.
 The Runaway Slave
Travel to Ald Velothi and meet with Galyn Arvel by the docks. You'll learn that a runaway slave, the Khajiit J'Saddha, was supposed to escape with her on the boat Fair Helas. Unfortunately, the slave did not make it and is instead hiding near the Daedric ruins of Ashalmawia to the east, with several slave-hunters on his trail.
 The Slave-Hunters
The slave-hunters are Anes Hlaren, Garyn Girith and Sadal Doren. They are wandering by the outpost, the docks and just beyond town towards the ruins respectively. You have several options to help J'Saddha. You can kill the slave-hunters to make the quest easier, though if you don't taunt them, this is considered murder. Otherwise, you'll have to try and sneak J'Saddha back into town. If you talk with the slave-hunters, and raise their disposition to 60 or higher, you can convince them to leave town on a wild goose chase. Once they are out of the way, find J'Saddha waiting next to the ruins and escort him back to Galyn Arvel.
Return to Ilmeni in Vivec to complete the quest.
- This quest can be done by anyone that has freed enough slaves. One of them will tell you about the "Twin Lamps" and the codephrase.
- Sometimes, the game won't give you the passphrase when it should. If you are sure you have freed enough slaves already, you can give it to yourself with the console command
Journal, HH_TwinLamps1, 5.
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: Literacy Campaign||Up: House Hlaalu Quests||Next: Free Hides-His-Foot|