Morrowind:Urshilaku Burial Caverns
|This place page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|# of Zones||7|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Urshilaku, Astral Burial
Urshilaku, Karma Burial
Urshilaku, Laterus Burial
Urshilaku, Fragile Burial
Urshilaku, Kefka Burial
Urshilaku, Kakuna Burial
Urshilaku, Juno Burial
Urshilaku Burial Caverns is a burial site some way to the south and a little to the east from the Urshilaku Camp.
The entrance is labeled "Urshilaku, Astral Burial" after the first of the seven caverns therein. The Caverns are significantly larger than most of the tombs scattered throughout the island and, as usual, filled with Undead. There is also a significant amount of loot, probably more than can be carried in one load.
The caves themselves are split into seven sections:
Urshilaku, Karma Burial is the second section. A short corridor leads to a large water-filled chamber, both populated by skeletons. In a chamber off to the left is the door to the next area.
Urshilaku, Laterus Burial is a very high chamber a with very narrow stone bridge spiraling up past four separate exits to various burial chambers. A central pillar houses several mummies, and several more are dotted around alcoves at the very top of the chamber. Many of these mummies are holding some pretty good loot in their hands, but levitation or fancy footwork may be needed to get most of it. At the very top is a pair of Glass Greaves, reachable only by Levitation. Around the base spiral are Mummies holding: the light full helm "Demon Helm," the skill book The Four Suitors of Benitah (Restoration +1) and the Glass 2h Sword "Magebane."
Urshilaku, Fragile Burial is the first door you get to when following the stone paths up from the bottom of Laterus. In front of you are two pillars with skeletons on top--don't worry, there's nothing to obtain on those ledges. To the left is an Ancestor Ghost guarding trivial loot, except for the book "Feyfolken Book One", which increases the Enchant skill. You can read this by jumping and clicking, if you want to spare the levitation. To the right of the entrance are two Skeleton Champions and another Ancestor Ghosts. Directly ahead of the entrance, underneath the water, is a door leading to a third room guarded by the unique Worm Lord, who, in addition to casting powerful magic, can also summon a Skeleton to defend him. He wields a 3-7 poison damage Silver Spear and guards a Glass Tower Shield and an Ebony Full Helm, each valued at tens of thousand of gold, as well as the skill book Mystery of Talara Part 4 (Illusion +1). The key to his tomb is on a plateau with a mummy, in the southwestern cave.
Urshilaku, Kefka Burial is entered through the second door upwards on the paths. A skeleton will ambush you as soon as you enter. Past him is a room of two skeletons, followed by another room of 3 skeletons up the ramp. Be careful that you don't bite off more than you chew. A short distance in front of the entrance is a pool of water on the right, at the bottom of which lies a Dreugh Cuirass. Further ahead, in the room with the three skeletons, are two Daedric darts lying around the left set of totems.
Urshilaku, Kakuna Burial is reached from the third door up. You will need levitation or a good Acrobatics skill to reach a pile of large urns and mummies on pillars, where most of the loot is (including a locked chest). One Skeleton Champion is found on the ground level, while two are above the main path on a plateau. They can jump down from above, so be careful if you aren't prepared to fight two skeletons simultaneously. A Devil Cephalopod helm--among other alchemy ingredients--can be found behind the waterfall on a ledge in the back of this burial area. Levitation will be needed to reach the ledge.
Urshilaku, Juno Burial is the topmost chamber accessible from Laterus. In it are several skeletons to fight, a couple of potions, weapons and other mundane items lying around, including a journeyman's hammer. At the end of the cavern, you meet Wraith of Sul-Senipul, the ghost of the father of Clan leader Sul-Matuul, who has the Bonebiter Bow of Sul-Senipul which you need for the Main Quest. Don't leave without it.
- Meet Sul-Matuul: Travel to the northern coast to find out more about the Nerevarine Prophecies and how it relates to you.
- Astral Burial: If you look carefully, you'll notice a crosswise corridor at a higher level that can only be reached by levitation or extreme acrobatics, leading to two chambers each containing a dead adventurer - wearing normal equipment of various qualities, nothing particularly special. A couple of mummified corpses are carrying Chitin Spears.
- Karma Burial: Another dead adventurer is laid out on a stepping stone, again wearing mundane gear, and a couple of urns hold some scrolls and alchemy ingredients. In one chamber off to the right as you enter, three mummies are each holding a silver weapon. If you use the Construction Set, it reveals that there are three skooma bottles dotted around the central chamber - but don't bother trying to find them as they're all unreachable in-game, having been placed buried in the center of large rocks...
- Laterus Burial: Treasure includes Glass Greaves, a Demon Helm, a Wizard's Staff, an Amulet of Frost, two skill books, various potions, gems and scrolls, and the enchanted glass claymore Magebane.
- Fragile Burial: In a hidden southeast chamber, accessible only through a locked, trapped underwater entrance, is the Worm Lord, a powerful, spell casting skeleton, who carries a Silver Viperskewer spear, and guards a chamber in which a few mummies are holding an Ebony Closed Helm, a Glass Tower Shield and another skill-increasing book. Just beyond the locked and trapped entrance door, underwater, lies a Nordic Ringmail Cuirass. The key to his tomb is on a plateau with a mummy, in the southwestern cave.
- Kefka Burial: A couple of Daedric Darts lie by one of the skull totems. A dead adventurer might be carrying something interesting. A Dreugh Cuirass can be found at the bottom of a pool.
- Kakuna Burial: Hidden behind the waterfall (accessible only by walking through the waterfall, through an entrance a short way above ground level) is a small chamber containing a ledge with another pair of mummies, with a Devil Cephalopod Helm.
- Juno Burial: Toward the far back, near the wraith to the right, one mummy up on a rock has a Common Soul Gem with a Scamp soul worth 4,000 gold. You'll need to levitate to get there or you can climb by simultaneously running and jumping.