Page Split
Would this page do well to be split into multiple pages with stats/equip/etc of each type of Guard? For example, there are 4 different Imperial Guards in the CS, along with 'Imperial Archer' and 'Guard Captain' - maybe to start off use the info from this page, then add the stats, etc for each one, along with locations? I say a new page, because it seems like this one would become obnoxious with the addition of all those numbers! Any thoughts? DextroWombat 02:10, 6 March 2012 (UTC)
|This has been marked as a question that needs to be answered.|
- This sounds good to me, if someone's willing to do it. --Legoless 15:23, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
- I've been hacking away in a sandbox at this page for a few days, and I have a proposal on how the pages are split, since it is indeed a bit crazy long, and I'm not even done yet. What if this page, "Guards" was made into a disambiguation page with links to pages along the lines of "Guard (Class)", to detail the class itself, which is what the small top section is about, "Imperial Guards" (Duke's Guards, Common Legion footsoldiers, archers, etc), Great House Guards (All the variations of guards for each House), and then Ordinators, since they have their own page anyway?
- Page layout for each one would be somewhat similar to what Bedt currently is. There would be an actual written set of paragraphs explaining what the unit's inventory is, where they'd be, etc, and then a small list at the bottom of named guards.
- Also, I mentioned it on Bedt's talkpage, but since this is the wiki's page itself, it would probably be best suited to be mentioned here as well (conversation wouldn't be split since it wasn't answered there, don't worry). There are plenty of people who are guards in title, dialogue, etc, but not necessarily of the "Guard" class. Should they be included on this page, which is dedicated to the class, or should they be on a separate catch-all page detailing each of them, which would be in a similar layout, just not detailing any one class or group, but all named guards who aren't technically guards? And, what would such a page be called?
- Lastly: Ordinators. Assuming my sandbox is not split, and the information stays like it is upon completion, would it be more desirable to include the Ordinators' statistics, equipment, etc on just MW:Guards; like the others, on MW:Ordinator, or should the information simultaneously be on both pages? Jo'Sakhar (talk) 02:39, 6 February 2013 (GMT)
(←) Looking at it with my version in place, I don't think the page needs to be split. There's not that many NPCs in the Guard class (several more who are guards by dialogue, though I only posted the Guard class). Each section this is split further into would be quite small, and to the best of my knowledge, there is no place that exists that could reasonably and adequately accommodate each individual guard (or sets of guards). Jo'Sakhar (talk) 03:09, 13 February 2013 (GMT)
- I still think it would be nice to split the page and use Morrowind:Guards as a pseudo-disambig. If keeping the page in its current state is preferred, perhaps transcluding the individual sections would be a good compromise. —Legoless (talk) 22:04, 22 February 2013 (GMT)
- So, we'd make a page for each guard name? The problem I think I'm seeing is that guards are generic and respawning. Morrowind only has pages for NPCs that offer a service, unique dialogue, are quest related, etc. Honestly, I don't see guards as being noteworthy enough for unique pages, assuming my understanding of how the pages are done is accurate. I think we'd be breaking pattern to make a proper page for each one, although as a series of redirects to a larger page like this one, I'd go for it. As for how many instances of each guard there is, I'll check that out on the CS in a bit and come back to make a notation of that. Jo'Sakhar➚talk to me 20:27, 23 February 2013 (GMT)
(←) I have a count for each guard, but I am unsure where to put that. A paragraph, or is there an infobox variable I don't know of that I can fill with that?
- Duke's Guard: 1 (but, that doesn't sound right, so I want to look closer; )
- hlaalu guard: 19
- hlaalu guard_outside: 8
- hlaalu sharpshooter: 1
- redoran guard female: 12
- redoran guard male: 45
- telvanni guard: 19
- telvanni guard_stand: 2
- telvanni sharpshooter: 3
- Imperial Guard: 48
- Imperial Guard_ebonhear: 6
- ordinator stationary: 23
- ordinator wander_hp: 1
- ordinator wander: 81
- ordinator_high fane: 4
- ordinator_wander_hvault: 1
- ordinator_wander_tvault: 1