Multiple Souls
It says in the notes that multiple souls can be taken from one enemy with different soultrap effects, but I managed to get two souls out of an enemy with only one effect cast multiple times. Is there some reason for this? If so, should it be added? Halfstache 04:24, 14 July 2011 (UTC)
- It was because the single spell, rather than refreshing the old effect, applied a new effect. The result was that, while they were from the same spell, you did have multiple Soul Trap effects on the same monster. As far as HOW you managed to get the game engine to resolve the spell in this unusual way, I have no idea. 22.214.171.124 04:03, 9 January 2013 (GMT)
 Error Message Error
Morrowind's error message says that the spell did not find a subject. This occurs when the spell is cast, rather than "when you kill the subject", because a spell that doesn't have a "subject" cannot produce an error message when you kill something that isn't affected by the spell. I have revised the Notes section accordingly. Downstrike (talk) 00:11, 22 February 2013 (GMT)
 Dead creature glitch
- If you have the unpatched version of the game, you can trap the soul of a dead creature as many times as you want. Simply kill the creature, then cast Soultrap on as much as you have until you run out of magicka or soul gems.
This is very similar to Skyrim's glitch, and considering the numerous other harder to find glitches noted on the page, I doubt one as simple as this would be undiscovered (note how quick it was found in Skyrim). Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 17:50, 17 October 2013 (GMT)
 Soul Trap Fails to Work when Cast Successfully
After installing Morrowind on yet another computer, this installation of it has a Soul Trap glitch I don't remember seeing before, and I can't find anything posted about it online. If I fail casting the spell, I get the usual error message, so I recognize when that's happening.
However, when I don't get that error message, the spell usually still doesn't cast. Since there is no error message, I understand that the spell is supposedly cast successfully. (Soul Trap effects from enchanted items work fine.)
Occasionally, I get Soul Trap to work by saving, exiting the game, and reloading the save, but usually even that doesn't work. I also use Cacheman to clear my caches while I'm exited, because I've found that to help with some glitches, but it doesn't seem to help this one. 126.96.36.199 04:43, 14 September 2014 (GMT)
- I'm now playing the same version of Morrowind with the same patch, but on a new sWindles H8.1, with the same result. This is baffling, because I've played the same version on a number of previous computers - including the one I mentioned above - without having this problem. 188.8.131.52 20:23, 26 September 2014 (GMT)
- I've finally discovered that I have a different version of Soul Trap than I've had before, which was On Target, while this one is On Touch. All my consternation described above was caused by expecting the spell to behave as the other version did. I'll add a note about this. Both of these spells are spelled, "Soul Trap", so I'm correcting the spelling of the Soul Trap spell in Notes, to help distinguish between the effect and the spell.
- Considering that I already have a spell named "Soul Trap", I'm not sure, and haven't noticed, whether NPCs continue to offer the On Target version to my PC. 184.108.40.206 23:16, 4 October 2014 (GMT)