(Click on any item for details)
Resist Magic M% for D seconds
With Resist Magic you have M% damage reduction from offensive spells. For example, if you have 50% Resist Magic with no other resistances and are hit by a spell dealing 30 points of magical damage, you only receive half the points of damage (15) instead of the full 30. Since nearly all poisons are also treated as Offensive Magic, Resist Magic also reduces the effects of those in the same way.
- This effect can be gained for spell making via spells, choosing the Breton or Orc race, or the Aetherius Stone Doomstone.
- This effect is disabled at the Enchanting Altar, but you can enchant an item with up to 20% magic resistance using a sigil stone.
- In earlier versions of the game, there was a bug that caused some friendly spells to be resisted. This problem seems to have been fixed in one of the later patches.
- A Breton already has 50% magic resistance. A Mundane Ring provides 50% magic resistance. So by simply wearing a Mundane Ring, a Breton easily achieves complete immunity to magic.
- Other characters can obtain 100% magic resistance by combining some of the following items:
- The Gray Aegis: 100% Resist Magic non-leveled shield found in the Arena; only obtainable through a glitch
- Mundane Ring: 50% Resist Magic; available in random loot starting at level 20, or from Raven Camoran's corpse if you are at least level 22
- Crown of Lindai: a leveled item that gives up to 35% Resist Magic (at level 25 or more); is acquired during Secrets of the Ayleids
- Ring of Nihilism: 15% Resist Magic; available in random loot starting at level 9
- Saviour's Hide: 25% Resist Magic light armor cuirass; obtained after level 17 through Hircine's Daedric Quest.
- Transcendent Sigil Stones: 20% Resist Magic; can be used to enchant any piece of armor or clothing
- Black Band: a leveled item that gives up to 18% Resist Magic (at level 30 or more); acquired during A Watery Grave
- Diadem of Euphoria: a leveled light armor helm that gives up to 20% Resist Magic (at level 30 or more); worn by Thadon SI
 See also
- Resistances and Weaknesses: General information on how resistances and weaknesses interact.
- Reflect vs Absorb vs Resist: Information on the similarities and differences between these effects.
- Weakness to Magic
- Resist Disease, Resist Fire, Resist Frost, Resist Normal Weapons, Resist Paralysis, Resist Poison, Resist Shock
- Spell Absorption, Reflect Spell