|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Oblivion NPC Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Home City||Imperial City, Talos Plaza District|
|Health||35 + (3+0.6)x(PC+4), PC=1-96|
|Magicka||238 + 7.5x(PC+4) (max=350)|
|Essential||Until Secrets of the Ayleids (Conditional Scripted Death)|
|Follower||Secrets of the Ayleids|
|Faction(s)||IC Citizens; Umbacano; Nobility (Knight)|
Umbacano is a wealthy Altmer mage living in the Imperial City's Talos Plaza District. He has an extensive household of servants, including his steward Jollring and four guards. He spends most of his time upstairs at the manor; in order to gain access to the room, you will need to talk with Jollring first, who will then escort you upstairs.
Umbacano wears a set of upper class clothing: a black & burgundy outfit with a pair of gold trimmed shoes. He carries a spare red velvet garment, his key, the key to his manor and a large amount of gold.
He can use a few major destruction spells, a major chameleon spell, one major restore health spell, one minor restore fatigue spell, a shield and a shock shield spell and a fortify intelligence spell.
Umbacano is an avid collector of Ayleid artifacts, and will offer a reward in exchange for Ayleid statues as a part of The Collector quest. He greatly admires the Ayleids and is something of an apologist for them, notably holding a pro-Ayleid opinion of the fall of White Gold Tower, calling the human victory a "brutal sack". It is later revealed that he desires to wield the power of the Ayleids and restore their fallen empire.
 Related Quests
- The Collector: Help Umbacano, a collector of ancient artifacts, recover the "Ten Ancestors", a set of ancient Ayleid statues.
- Nothing You Can Possess: Umbacano wants you to recover a decorative carving from the High Fane.
- Secrets of the Ayleids: Umbacano wants you to try to buy the Crown of Nenalata from a rival collector.
- The Umbacano Manor Key opens the manor's front door and the door to the dining room. Both Umbacano and Jollring carry a copy of this key. Umbacano's Key, carried only by Umbacano, unlocks the remaining doors in the house and the Ayleid Statue display case.
- Umbacano was not always a wealthy collector of Ayleid antiquities. He also appears in Morrowind in an Imperial glass mine, along with Sorcalin, whom he mentions in dialogue during the quest Secrets of the Ayleids.