(Click on any item for details)
Water Breathing for D seconds
Allows the target to breathe underwater for the duration of the spell. Argonians naturally possess this ability, making it useless for them. Also, it's useless on all creatures, as all creatures seem to be able to breathe underwater naturally (except for a few, like horses, which can only swim on the surface, and therefore never need to worry about breathing underwater).
- This effect can be gained for spell making and enchanting via spells or choosing the Argonian race.
- If you cast this spell while already underwater, your air meter refills gradually (whereas it tops off instantly when you surface). This eliminates the exploit in Morrowind of casting short-duration Water Breathing spells when you are about to drown.
- A free Water Breathing spell can be obtained by doing the Cheydinhal Recommendation quest for the Mages Guild. Deetsan gives you the spell Buoyancy which provides 30 seconds of Water Breathing (and 5 points of Feather). This spell is also cheaper in Magicka cost than a standard Water Breathing spell.
- There are a few items with a Water Breathing enchantment that can be reliably obtained:
- Fin Gleam is a helmet with Water Breathing, Night Eye, and Detect Life enchantments that is lying in the ocean near Anvil.
- Jewel of the Rumare is a ring with Water Breathing and Fortify Athletics enchantments that is the reward for the quest Go Fish.
- Nistor's Boots are boots with Water Breathing, Fortify Athletics, and Fortify Speed enchantments that can be purchased from Elsynia at Best Goods and Guarantees in Leyawiin.
- Since the magnitude of all Water Breathing effects are the same, an item enchanted with a Petty Soul Gem will give the exact same effect as an item enchanted with a Grand Soul Gem.
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Water Breathing: