Oblivion:Bleak Flats Cave
|# of Zones||1|
|Erthor, Deranged Zombies|
|1 Light Armor Skill Book|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Northwest of Skingrad|
 Related Quests
- This cave requires a non-existent key until you start the associated quest, at which point it is automatically unlocked.
- This cave contains 9 Cairn Bolete plants.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel -19, 5
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Bleak Flats Cave (editor name BleakFlatsCaveMapMarker). The entrance door is ESE of the marker, 60 feet away.
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 14 Alkanet plants, 2 Blackberry bushes, 4 Cinnabar Polypore plants, 24 Columbine plants, 37 Flax plants, 2 Lady's Smock plants, 2 Morning Glory plants, 20 Motherwort plants, 10 Nightshade plants, 12 Peony plants, 1 Primrose plant, 1 Strawberry bush, and 6 Viper's Bugloss plants
- Aetherius Doom Stone is at location S on map
- 1 Reman Rune Stone is at S
 Zone 1: Bleak Flats Cave
This cave is largely linear and contains a minimum of treasure, so your main objective is to locate Erthor at Q and kill the seven Deranged Zombies on your way. The first room contains one zombie that is easily dispatched, but characters favoring melee should take care in the second room, as it is easy to be swamped by three zombies attacking from the front and sides. Once those three have been dealt with, don't forget to pick up the minor treasure (green dot on map) in the small cave to the west. Continuing round to the third cave there is a fifth zombie and then two together in the penultimate cave. The last cave is where you meet Erthor, who will refuse to follow you if there are any zombies left. His quarters contains a bedroll (b), the skill book Lord Jornibret's Last Dance at C and a locked chest. If you steal any of the items in front of Erthor, you will be cast out of the Mages Guild. With Erthor following you, push the handle (cyan dot on map) which will lower the Rock Wall at D, then head all the way back to door Out.
- Erthor (non-respawning) at location Q on map
- 7 Deranged Zombies (quest-specific leveled zombies; drop Bonemeal instead of Mort Flesh; non-respawning)
- 1 Light Armor Skill Book: Lord Jornibret's Last Dance at location C on map
- 2 Chests 01 (1 locked)
- 1 Chest 03
- The following plants will always be found: 9 Cairn Bolete plants
Doors and Gates:
- There is one door (at Out) in/out of this zone, leading outside
- 1 Rock Wall (opened remotely) at D
- 1 bedroll at location b on map