Located in Cyrodiil, north of the Imperial City, Bruma's population is primarily Nords, which is reflected in the city's architecture. It is always relatively cold and snow-covered. The city's population includes followers of the Divines as well as those who follow the traditional Nordic Pantheon.
The Silver Road connects Bruma to the Imperial City, while the Orange Road connects it to Chorrol. Cloud Ruler Temple is located nearby. Bruma has a small sewer system which connects up with the natural caves that run beneath the town. This underground area was used by the Mythic Dawn during the Oblivion Crisis. The deeper levels of the sewers are home to trolls. The city also houses the Great Chapel of the youngest of the Nine Divines, Talos, which dominates the center of town. The Countess of Bruma is Narina Carvain, a Heartland Nibenean woman of noble descent.
 Things of Note in Bruma
- Thieves Guild Fence - Ongar, the first fence for the Thieves Guild, lives in this city.
- Dark Brotherhood Clothing - J'Ghasta's house has a Black Hand Hood and a Black Hand Robe worn exclusively by members of the Dark Brotherhood, which raises your Sneak, Marksman, Illusion, Blade, and Speechcraft by 4 and 11 points, respectively. The equipment is protected by a Very Hard lock on a keg in the lower level. There is also a "Secret Training Room" hidden door in the corner of the lower level under some fabric swaths. There are some practice dummies here, soft candle light, and light reading is available (increase hand-to-hand).
- Statue of Your Character - After completing the Great Gate quest, a statue of your character will be erected near the north gate to the Jerall Mountains. Your statue will not feature the equipment your character has equipped, but rather what the game considers the best of the equipment you had in your inventory at a specific point during the Great Gate quest.
 Quests Starting Here
View of Bruma looking South. The Imperial City
is visible in background
 Mages Guild
 Related Quests
- The Bruma Mages Guild is a good starting point for mage-type characters since the guild members sell spells in every school, with a wide variety of effects. Of particular note is the Summon Dremora Lord which cannot be purchased anywhere else. See Volanaro for more details.
- The word Bruma comes from the Latin word for "cold" or "winter", although in other Romance languages such as Spanish or Italian it means "fog" or "haze". 
- It is possible to climb over the city walls and out the city. See this for details.
- ^  Wikiled Online Dictionary
- ^  ibid