Located in Cyrodiil, north of the Imperial City, Bruma's population is mostly Nord, although other races are also present. It is always relatively cold and snow-covered. The Countess of Bruma is Narina Carvain, a Heartland Nibenean woman of noble descent.
 Things of Note in Bruma
- Thieves Guild Fence - Ongar, the first fence for the Thieves Guild, lives in this city.
- Dark Brotherhood Clothing - J'Ghasta's house has a Black Hand Hood and a Black Hand Robe worn exclusively by members of the Dark Brotherhood, which raises your Sneak, Marksman, Illusion, Blade, and Speechcraft by 4 and 11 points, respectively. The equipment is protected by a Very Hard lock on a keg in the lower level. There is also a "Secret Training Room" hidden door in the corner of the lower level under some fabric swaths. There are some practice dummies here, soft candle light, and light reading is available (increase hand-to-hand).
- Statue of Your Character - After completing the Great Gate quest, a statue of your character will be erected near the north gate to the Jerall Mountains. Your statue will not feature the equipment your character has equipped, but rather what the game considers the best of the equipment you had in your inventory at a specific point during the Great Gate quest.
 Quests Starting Here
View of Bruma looking South. The Imperial City
is visible in background
- A Brotherhood Betrayed: It appears that a vampire in town was recently killed by Raynil Dralas, a self-proclaimed vampire hunter.
- Buying a house in Bruma: Purchase a large house in the traditional style of Bruma.
- Lifting the Vale: Countess Narina Carvain wants you to find the Draconian Madstone.
- Two Sides of the Coin: Arnora wants you to speak with Jorundr to find out where their stolen gold is hidden.
 Mages Guild
- Bruma Recommendation: Find a missing mage to obtain a recommendation from Bruma.
 Related Quests
- Accidents Happen: An honest Wood Elf in Bruma has upset some dishonest people.
- Allies for Bruma: You are asked to bring in reinforcements for Bruma from the other towns.
- Broken Vows: Deep within the well of Skingrad Castle Courtyard, the next Drop matches killer against killer.
- Bruma Gate: Help the Bruma guard close an Oblivion Gate just outside the city.
- Defense of Bruma: Let a Great Oblivion Gate open outside of Bruma.
- Hand to Hand Training: A Master of unarmed combat wants you to try to hurt him to prove you deserve his training.
- Spies: Track down those that have been spying on Cloud Ruler Temple.
- A Plot Revealed: Travel to Bruma and find out why the Mages Guild there has stopped correspondence.
- It is possible to climb over the city walls and out the city. See this for details.
- The Bruma Mages Guild is a good starting point for mage-type characters since the guild members sell spells in every school, with a wide variety of effects. Of particular note is the Summon Dremora Lord which cannot be purchased anywhere else. See Volanaro for more details.
- The word Bruma comes from the Latin word for "cold" or "winter", although in other Romance languages such as Spanish or Italian it means "fog" or "haze". 
- ^  Wikiled Online Dictionary
- ^  ibid