|County Chorrol in The Great Forest
|Shops and Services|
|Guilds and Temples|
Chorrol is a medium-sized town in northwestern Cyrodiil, between the Great Forest of west Cyrodiil and the Colovian Highlands of the Hammerfell border. The city is divided into five main districts: Fountain Gate, Castle Chorrol, Chapel Street, West District and the Great Oak Place. Situated in the rugged highlands of Colovia, the city's grounds are strewn with large boulders that set the mountainous mood of the city as much as they serve as obstacles to pedestrians. The walls are well-fortified in anticipation against attack, with watchtowers placed at regular intervals along its length. The ruler of Chorrol at the time of the Oblivion Crisis was Countess Arriana Valga, widow of the hereditary Count of Chorrol.
† Only appears with the Knights of the Nine plug-in.
Quests Starting HereEdit
- Canvas the Castle: Someone has stolen a valuable painting from Castle Chorrol!
- The Killing Field: Valus Odiil in The Grey Mare in Chorrol needs you to help his sons reclaim his besieged farm.
- A Shadow Over Hackdirt: Seed-Neeus' daughter Dar-Ma has gone missing.
- The Jemane Brothers:
- Next of Kin: Next to the Great Oak in Chorrol, your next assignment demands the lives of an entire bloodline.
- Unfinished Business: Travel to Skingrad to find out why Maglir has defaulted on a contract.
- Drunk and Disorderly: Find out why several of your guildmates are causing trouble in Leyawiin.
- The Master's Son: The Fighters Guild has been hired to find Galtus Previa, and Viranus Donton needs a confidence boost.
- More Unfinished Business: Find out why a guild member has defaulted on yet another contract in Bravil.
- Azani Blackheart: Help Modryn prove that the Blackwood Company lied about completing a contract to kill Azani Blackheart.
- Trolls of Forsaken Mine: Viranus Donton and some Fighters Guild members were sent to eliminate trolls at Forsaken Mine, and now you must find them.
- Information Gathering: Bring Ajum-Kajin - a high-ranking Blackwood Company member - back to Modryn and "persuade" him to talk.
- Infiltration: Deceive your way into the Blackwood Company and discover why they are so powerful... or so crazy.
- The Hist: Return to Blackwood Company headquarters to destroy the source of their power and anyone that stands in your way.
- Fingers of the Mountain: Sort out a problem with a former guild member to obtain a recommendation for Chorrol.
- Bittneld and Emfrid: Help to bring two lonely hearts together (non-journal).
- It is possible to climb over the walls and out the city. See this for details.
- This bug is fixed by version 3.4.3 of the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
- Sometimes when entering Chorrol, the entire south-west portion of the city walls and the nearby shacks will be permanently and completely missing. This allows exiting the city limits, but otherwise has little impact on gameplay.
- The only fix is to reload from before entering Chorrol and triggering the bug.