Chorrol is a medium-sized town in northwestern Cyrodiil, between the Great Forest of west Cyrodiil and the Colovian Highlands of the Hammerfell border. The city is divided into five main districts: Fountain Gate, Castle Chorrol, Chapel Street, West District and the Great Oak Place. Situated in the rugged highlands of Colovia, the city's grounds are strewn with large boulders that set the mountainous mood of the city as much as they serve as obstacles to pedestrians. The walls are well-fortified in anticipation against attack, with watchtowers placed at regular intervals along its length. The ruler of Chorrol at the time of the Oblivion Crisis was Countess Arriana Valga, widow of the hereditary Count of Chorrol.
† Only appears with the Knights of the Nine plug-in.
Quests Starting Here
View of The Great Oak Place from Fire & Steel in Chorrol
- Separated at Birth: Investigate rumors around Chorrol that indicate some strange behavior on the part of one Reynald Jemane.
- Legacy Lost: Help long-lost twins recover their childhood home.
- Sins of the Father: A thief wants you to recover an item stolen by the Jemane brothers' father.
- Next of Kin: Next to the Great Oak in Chorrol, your next assignment demands the lives of an entire bloodline.
- It is possible to climb over the walls and out the city. See this for details.
- Sometimes when entering Chorrol, the entire south-west portion of the city walls and the nearby shacks will be permanently and completely missing. This allows exiting the city limits, but otherwise has little impact on gameplay.
- The only fix is to reload from before entering Chorrol and triggering the bug.