Oblivion:Deepscorn Hollow (quest)
 Quick Walkthrough
- After installing the plug-in and loading the game, you receive a key and a note that says you inherited Deepscorn Hollow.
- Travel to your new hideout, which is located southeast of Leyawiin. Once you arrive, read Greywyn's Journal.
- You will be directed to Rowley Eardwulf at the Wawnet Inn to furnish your cave. Once you purchase all seven upgrades and the Ichor of Sithis (used to enable the shrine), the quest is completed.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 The Crimson Scars
When you load your game you will receive a quest message telling you that you are the new owner of Deepscorn Hollow, located at the far south end of Cyrodiil . Along with the message you get a Bloodstained Note.
If you start a new game with this plugin loaded, the deed and quest will be given to you right after you enter the sewers from the sanctum in the tutorial level.
 Decorum Macabre
Travel towards the marker shown on your map. You will come to a bridge leading across to a small island with a long-destroyed house. If this is your first trip, ensure you walk around the island rim until you receive the quest update I've arrived at Deepscorn Hollow; I should make my way inside this hidden lair to workaround a quest bug mentioned below.
Just south of the island hidden underwater among the half submerged remnants of the house is a large tree trunk with the door to Deepscorn Hollow in the middle. If you have trouble finding the location of the underwater entrance door, use the close-up minimap to locate the marker location.
When you enter you will see Greywyn's Journal lying immediately in front of you on a stool. Read the journal for some historical information on the Crimson Scars and the origin of Deepscorn Hollow. Afterwards you will get a quest update informing you that you can purchase the upgrades needed for the Lair from Rowley Eardwulf at the Wawnet Inn.
A few features of Deepscorn Hollow can be used without purchasing any upgrades:
- The Font of Renewal
- Greywyn's four caches (useful if you need gold to buy the upgrades)
- The bucket of gold
- The Unusual Box containing the Crimson Eviscerator
- A bed (the bed is later replaced by the Coffin Bed if you purchase the Bedroom Area upgrade)
- One pair of wrist irons are in the cattle cell area
- 6 Nightshade flowers are floating above the water at the base of the Shrine of Sithis
- Unlimited Purgeblood Salts -- a zero gold cash value individually, but a potentially unlimited source of income from potions
- A Trap Door to Topal Bay allows easy exit from the Cloister and an alternative to the tree trunk access for future visits
 Home is Where the Blood Spills
The Wawnet Inn lies just west of the Imperial City at the end of the main bridge. Rowley Eardwulf will be inside but only sells merchandise during certain times of the day or night. Purchase all the Deepscorn upgrades from him including the Ichor of Sithis. The quest will be complete at this point, but to truly finish travel back to Deepscorn Hollow and pour the Ichor of Sithis into the Shrine of Sithis.
- Rowley Eardwulf may not have the Deepscorn upgrade items for sale due to a quest bug (see the talk page for details.) The quest checks for the player's arrival at the Deepscorn Hollow island to enable the upgrade items, but the distance check is too small, so it is possible for the player to enter Deepscorn Hollow without triggering this quest stage, at which point the quest will advance again when the player picks up the journal and the stage that gives Rowley the items will never reoccur. To avoid this, wander around the island on first arrival until the quest update appears. If you walk straight to the location of the Nirnroot on the south side of the well, you'll receive the quest update. Fast traveling again to the island may work as well. If you're on the PC and you've hit this bug, enter the following into the console:
setstage DLCDeepscorn 20however if you are on a console platform you will have to uninstall/reinstall the plug-in or load a previous save and do the quest again, making sure that the arrival popup appears. Note that if you have the bug, Rowley will offer to barter items, but will not have any upgrades in his inventory. If Rowley is simply not offering to barter, you do not necessarily have this bug. As with many NPCs, he only offers services during certain hours of the day (see Rowley's page for details).
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Official Mods Patch.
- If you sell him too many items, the Deepscorn Hollow upgrades may not be listed in his inventory. Go upstairs and sleep for 24 hrs to give him a chance to clear all that inventory, which will fix the problem.
- If you give away the upgrades before exiting the barter screen, Rowley will keep the upgrade titles but you won't receive the respective upgrades and you won't be able to buy them back.
- On the Xbox 360, you can delete the plug-in, load your game and download it again. You will have to redo the quest, however.
 Journal Entries
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- On the PC, it is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage DLCDeepscorn stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.