The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
A Doyen is a lieutenant of the Thieves Guild who will:
- Give quests (special jobs) to Thieves Guild members.
- Identify and give access to fences when you have reached certain ranks (members who will buy your stolen goods).
- Remove any active bounty for half the accrued price.
- Promote you.
 Armand Christophe
- Armand initiates you into the Thieves Guild upon completion of the quest May the Best Thief Win, during which he sells you lockpicks for 5 gold each.
- When you choose the "Doyen" topic of conversation, Armand will say:
- "The Doyen are the hands and eyes of the guildmaster. You take your orders from them. You get your favors from them. I am one Doyen and S'Krivva is the other."
- Armand can promote you up to the level of Bandit, but will then hand you off to S'Krivva for further missions and advancement.
- She is a skooma seller on the side, so sometimes her house will be locked while she's making deliveries or having dinner. Don't pick the lock--she bites. You can also find her at The Lonely Suitor Lodge at dinner time, as well as all day on Tirdas and Turdas.
- When you choose the "Doyen" topic of conversation, S'Krivva will say:
- "The Doyen are the eyes and claws of the guildmaster. As a hunter, you take orders from them, and you get your favors from them. This one is a Doyen. Armand Christophe is a Doyen."
- S'Krivva can promote you up to rank of Shadowfoot, at which point you will be called on by the Gray Fox himself for the rest of the Thieves Guild quests.