Quick Walkthrough
- Raminus Polus informs you of a service provided to Traven by a guildmate.
- Talk to Julienne Fanis about creating alchemy ingredients.
- Use the Enchanted Chest to make potions.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Talk with Julienne Fanis
You receive this quest immediately upon completing Confront the King. Simply follow your compass to find Julienne Fanis and talk to her about alchemical ingredients. She will reveal that you can place an ingredient in the Enchanted Chest in the Arch-Mage's quarters once a week and it will create several examples of it. She will also warn you that if you take longer than a week to retrieve the duplicated items, everything in the chest will disappear.
 Using the Chest
Once you place a compatible ingredient into the chest, it will add ten more portions of that ingredient in 24 hours. You will lose the added portions of the ingredient and the original ingredient if you fail to collect them within one week. Once your ingredients have multiplied, you must wait a week from the time you first placed the original ingredient in the chest before you can use the chest again. Additionally, it does not matter how many portions of an ingredient you place in the chest as only ten more portions will be added to what you put in.
- Placing more than one type of ingredient in the chest will cause them all to disappear after a day.
- All items other than the ingredients listed in the chart below will disappear after a day.
 Compatible Ingredients
The list of compatible ingredients is actually coded in the script that the chest uses. Below is the list of these ingredients.
 Unique Ingredients
If you attempt to duplicate Rare Vampire Dust or Deranged Zombies' Bonemeal, the chest will take those rare ingredients and return the normal versions; not only does the chest create ten normal samples, but the initial sample is also transformed into a normal one. So while you cannot sell the Rare Vampire Dust to Roland Jenseric that you received from killing the vampires at Bloodcrust Cavern, you can instead use the dust to make normal Vampire Dust with the Enchanted Chest, then turn around and sell all eleven samples for 250 gold each. This is a quick way to earn gold, provided that you have completed The Order of the Virtuous Blood.
 Incompatible Ingredients
Below is a list of all the ingredients in the original distribution of Oblivion that can not be reproduced in this chest. This is not a complete list, because any ingredients added by mods (either official or unofficial) will probably not work (unless the modder thought to modify the script to include them). Specifically, none of the ingredients introduced by the Shivering Isles official expansion can be reproduced in the chest.
 Journal Entries
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- On the PC, it is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage MG19Alchemy stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: Confront the King||Up: Mages Guild||Next: None|