|Quest||Battlehorn Castle (quest)|
|Location||Battlehorn Castle (place)|
|Items||Battlehorn Castle Items|
|Released||October 15, 2007|
|Patch||1.1.511 or higher|
|CS||Version 1.2 (or hex edit the esm file)|
|For problems related to installation, see Installation Issues|
Fighter's Stronghold is an official add-on for Oblivion introducing a stronghold known as Battlehorn Castle, located west of Chorrol in the Colovian Highlands. Initially the castle is under siege by Marauders, but once the invaders have been repelled it can be used as a house. The castle is patrolled by Men-At-Arms, while a blacksmith lives on the grounds with his wolf-dog. Unbeknownst to the other occupants, some unwanted tenants have been sealed away deep below the castle. Several unique upgrades can be purchased for the castle; an ancient Dwemer Forge that buffs your Armorer skill, a trophy room to exhibit hunting trophies, a wine cellar. In addition, an assortment of staff can be employed to serve you at the castle; a chef to prepare food and drinks, a maid, a vintner to create special wines that enhance fighting abilities, a combat trainer for sparring practice, a taxidermist to craft lifelike trophies for the great hall.
- Defeat the attacking marauders and become lord of Battlehorn Castle, located in the Colovian Highlands west of Chorrol. The castle has private quarters, a grand dining hall, wine cellar, barracks, training room, and – most importantly – a few hidden passages and dark secrets. —Official Summary
 Gameplay information
- Battlehorn Castle — A new home geared towards fighters.
- Creatures — 3 new variations of existing creatures are introduced with the add-on.
- Items — 32 items are included with the add-on, including armor, books, weapons and wines.
- NPCs — The add-on introduces 10 new NPCs as well as the corpse of a deceased NPC, Lord Kelvyn.
- Magic — Two new powers are available in the add-on:
- Dragon Breath lesser power
- Dwemer Fireheart greater power
- Quest — End the siege to become lord of the castle.
- For the first two weeks of its release Fighter's Stronghold was available as a free download before becoming a paid add-on.
- The add-on was originally titled "Dragonfire Castle" and its existence was rumored in summer 2006, more than a year before it was officially announced by Bethesda. The original name can still be found in the Construction Set, with the word "Dragonfire" being used in several editor IDs.
- Fighter's Stronghold is the only official add-on not to be included on the Knights of the Nine retail disc and consequently the only add-on available solely in English.
- The Fighter's Stronghold official add-on causes issues with the The Mystic Emporium which can also vary if the Wizard's Tower add-on is also installed. See the Mystic Emporium Bugs page for further details.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches.
 See also
- Pre-release screenshots — Pictures of the add-on prior to its release.