|Quest||Battlehorn Castle (quest)|
|Location||Battlehorn Castle (place)|
|Items||Battlehorn Castle Items|
|Released||October 15, 2007|
|Patch||1.1.511 or higher|
|CS||Version 1.2 (or hex edit the esm file)|
|For problems related to installation, see Installation Issues|
Initially the castle is under siege by Marauders, but once the invaders have been repelled it can be used as a house. The castle is patrolled by Men-At-Arms, while a blacksmith lives on the grounds with his wolf-dog. Unbeknownst to the other occupants, some unwanted tenants have been sealed away deep below the castle.
Several unique upgrades can be purchased for the castle; an ancient Dwemer Forge that buffs your Armorer skill, a trophy room to exhibit hunting trophies, a wine cellar. In addition, an assortment of staff can be employed to serve you at the castle; a chef to prepare food and drinks, a maid, a vintner to create special wines that enhance fighting abilities, a combat trainer for sparring practice, a taxidermist to craft lifelike trophies for the great hall.
- Defeat the attacking marauders and become lord of Battlehorn Castle, located in the Colovian Highlands west of Chorrol. The castle has private quarters, a grand dining hall, wine cellar, barracks, training room, and – most importantly – a few hidden passages and dark secrets. —Official Summary
- Battlehorn Castle — A new home geared towards fighters.
- Creatures — 3 new variations of existing creatures are introduced with the add-on.
- Items — 32 items are included with the add-on, including armor, books, weapons and wines.
- NPCs — The add-on introduces 10 new NPCs as well as the corpse of a deceased NPC, Lord Kelvyn.
- Magic — Two new powers are available in the add-on:
- Dragon Breath lesser power
- Dwemer Fireheart greater power
- Quest — End the siege to become lord of the castle.
- For the first two weeks of its release Fighter's Stronghold was available as a free download before becoming a paid add-on.
- The add-on was originally titled "Dragonfire Castle" and its existence was rumored in summer 2006, more than a year before it was officially announced by Bethesda. The original name can still be found in the Construction Set, with the word "Dragonfire" being used in several editor IDs.
- Fighter's Stronghold is the only official add-on not to be included on the Knights of the Nine retail disk and consequently the only add-on available solely in English.
- The Fighter's Stronghold add-on causes issues with the Mystic Emporium which can also vary if the Wizard's Tower add-on is also installed. See the Mystic Emporium bugs section for further details.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches.
- Pre-release screenshots — Pictures of the add-on prior to its release.