Arriving at KvatchEdit
Once you arrive at Kvatch, you will find the city is in ruins. There is a camp of refugees at the bottom of the hill, and the city at the top. Hirtel will greet you in haste as he is running away, explaining that the city was overrun by daedra the night before, and that a few guards are fighting back the creatures pouring forth from an Oblivion Gate blocking the entrance to the city. Venture to the top of the hill and you will find a few soldiers defending the city, notably Savlian Matius. If you go around the Oblivion gate and into the Chapel of Akatosh inside the city, you will find Brother Martin and more survivors. Martin will refuse to leave with you, saying that he does not want to leave the civilians behind to fend for themselves. Speak to Matius again, and tell him that you want to help. He will give you your next quest, Breaking the Siege of Kvatch, which will require that you venture into Oblivion itself and find a way to destroy the gate to save Martin and the other survivors.
- This quest is considered completed when you have taken Martin to Weynon Priory. However, if you choose not to take him back immediately he will continue to follow you anywhere you go. He has very powerful magic and is flagged as "essential", thus he cannot be killed. Therefore, he is a very useful ally if you are low level.
- You don't actually have to take Martin to Weynon Priory; the next time you turn up there, the quest will complete itself and the Weynon Priory quest will start, even if Martin is not with you.
- When you complete this quest, Oblivion Gates will start to randomly appear across the countryside. 10 gates will immediately appear in random places; there is a 25% chance of other gates opening up when you approach their location.
- After you complete The Battle for Castle Kvatch, and then select Find the Heir as your active quest, the quest marker may continue to indicate Savlian Matius instead of Martin.
- Simply ignore the quest marker and fast travel to the camp at the entrance to Kvatch, where you will find Martin. Talking to him will update the quest.
|Find the Heir (MQ03)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||Jauffre told me that the Emperor has an illegitimate son named Martin who is currently serving as a priest in the Chapel of Akatosh in the city of Kvatch. I must proceed to Kvatch at once and bring Martin safely back to Weynon Priory. (If the player doesn't know about the fate of Kvatch) or
Jauffre told me that the Emperor has an illegitimate son named Martin who is currently serving as a priest in the Chapel of Akatosh in the city of Kvatch. Jauffre fears that the attack on Kvatch was part of the enemy's plan to eliminate all the Septim heirs. I must return to Kvatch at once, find Martin, and bring him safely back to Weynon Priory. (If the player knows about Kvatch but hasn't finished Breaking the Siege of Kvatch) or
Jauffre told me that the Emperor has an illegitimate son named Martin who is currently serving as a priest in the Chapel of Akatosh in the city of Kvatch. I realized that Martin was among the survivors I helped rescue from Kvatch. I must return to Kvatch at once and bring him safely back to Weynon Priory. (If the player is the Hero of Kvatch)
|20||I arrived at Kvatch to find the city in ruins and the survivors camped outside the walls. I need to find out if anyone here knows what happened to Martin. (Only appears if the player has talked to Jauffre)|
|30||I should talk to Savlian Matius, the acting captain of the surviving Kvatch guard. He may know if Martin survived the fall of the city.|
|40||Savlian Matius told me that he believes Martin is with a group that barricaded themselves within the Chapel of Akatosh inside the city. I need to follow his instructions in order to break the siege of Kvatch and rescue the survivors.|
|45||I have found Martin among the survivors inside the Chapel of Akatosh. He was surprised to learn that Emperor Uriel Septim was his father, but he will not leave until the way is safe for everyone to escape. then
I need to help Savlian Matius break the siege of Kvatch. (If the player has talked to Savlian) or
I need to see if anyone in the camp outside Kvatch will help me rescue Martin and the other people trapped in the Chapel of Akatosh. (If the player hasn't talked to Savlian yet)
|50||I found Martin among the survivors of Kvatch. He was surprised to learn that Emperor Uriel Septim was his father, but has agreed to return to Weynon Priory with me to speak to Jauffre. (If the player talks to Martin outside the Chapel) or
I have rescued Martin from the Chapel of Akatosh. He was surprised to learn that Emperor Uriel Septim was his father, but has agreed to return to Weynon Priory with me to speak to Jauffre. (If the player talks to Martin inside the Chapel)
|60||I need to return to Weynon Priory with Martin and discuss our next move with Jauffre.|
|100||(Escalate the Oblivion Crisis - opens up to 25 Oblivion gates)|
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage MQ03 stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: Deliver the Amulet||Up: Main Quest||Next: Breaking the Siege of Kvatch|