Oblivion:Finding the Thieves Guild
 Quick Walkthrough
- Using whichever method you prefer, learn about the meeting at midnight.
 Detailed Walkthrough
There are three ways to find out about the existence of the Thieves Guild; the first is simply by accident, the second involves some detective work, and the third is by casual conversation.
 The Budding Thief
Raise your bounty somehow, and allow the guards to catch you and send you into prison. Shortly after being released (this will not work if you escape) from jail you will be approached by a representative of the Thieves Guild, informing you of a meeting due to be held at the Garden of Dareloth in the Waterfront District at midnight.
 The Detective
While traveling around the Imperial City you'll notice a lot of wanted posters around. Reading one will inform you of the Gray Fox, a master thief greatly wanted by the city guards. This adds a new topic for conversation with residents of the city. Talk to people and they will tell you that the beggars are the eyes and ears of the Gray Fox. Heading to the Waterfront District is the best way to find some beggars to question. Initially, they will claim the Gray Fox is nothing but a rumor, but after some persuading they will reveal the information about the meeting at the Garden of Dareloth in the Waterfront District held at midnight.
 The Conversationalist
Go to Bravil and look for City-Swimmer, the Argonian. Talk to her about Bravil and you'll be taught a lesson about the law-abiding citizens of Bravil. You'll be offered two responses. Choose the second one: "Gosh. Thieves Guild? What's that?" Afterwards, you'll have a new conversation topic available: "The Gray Fox". Pick that and, like with the beggars, you'll be told to be at the Garden of Dareloth in the Imperial City at midnight.
Depending on how far along you are with the main quest, she may not offer you the above response. Instead, she will refer to the Oblivion gate outside of the city, and say something about the fate of Kvatch.
- You don't actually have to talk to any beggars, or anyone else for that matter. Merely hearing the topic "The Gray Fox", or reading one of the wanted posters is enough. You can then simply show up at the Garden of Dareloth around midnight, and they'll let you join. You may need to first increase Armand Christophe's disposition.
- The Garden of Dareloth is the backyard of the abandoned shack next to Methredhel's house
- Being sent to prison in the Shivering Isles triggers Myvryna's attempt to find you, but she will only hunt within Cyrodiil.
 Journal Entries
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- On the PC, it is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage TG00FindThievesGuild stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: None||Up: Thieves Guild||Next: May the Best Thief Win|