The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|This page is currently being redesigned for the Oblivion Places Redesign Project (OPRP). The page needs in-game walkthrough(s) to go along with the maps and content lists. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Needs in-game verification. See the OPRP project page for explanation of what needs to be to complete the verification process.
|# of Zones||2|
(2 boss-level Conjurers)
|2 boss-level Chests
1 War Axe of Jolts
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Northwest of Chorrol, near the Hammerfell border|
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel -22, 28
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Fort Rayles (editor name FortRaylesMapMarker). The entrance door is N of the marker, 130 feet away.
- 0-3 Conjurer Enemies (each 50% probability Conjurer, 50% Daedra) are near the entrance
- 1 Wilderness Creature (Mountains variety) is near the entrance
- 1 Chest 02 is near the entrance
- 1 Wilderness Chest (non-respawning) is near the entrance
- The other following items can be found near the entrance: 1 Note of Bounty (on the roof, at E on the map), 1 Poison of Paralysis, 1 Cure Paralysis scroll, and 1 Summon Skeleton scroll
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 13 Clouded Funnel Cap plants
 Zone 1: Fort Rayles
- Shortly after entering the upper level of the dungeon, you'll come to a room with two gates. The room also contains two statues, each with a glowing gem set into its forehead. In order to open one of the two gates, you must strike the forehead gem of the nearest statue with an arrow. There is a quiver containing two silver arrows here, but no bow. Silver arrows are not necessary to open the gates.
- Destruction spells (Flare has been tested) can register on the statues, although it may take several casts until you hit the right spot. Also, if you have a telekinesis spell, you can remotely manipulate something (such as a sword, or arrow) and touch it to the gem on the head, and this opens the gates. Alternatively, you can use your "drag" button to drag the silver arrows onto the gem, just as you would with telekinesis. Using your "drag" button to drag the point of a shortsword into each gem is another possible solution.
- The left gate (K) leads to an entrance (C) of the Hall of Winter. Go down the stairs and open a second gate. On the left, you will find a sack just to the left of an empty barrel. On the right, there is a chest. Cross a bridge slowly to avoid detection and head toward a statue of two figures holding a broken sword. Perform a sneak attack on the stunted scamp around the corner to your right. Continue past the scamp and proceed quietly down a set of stairs. Sneak attack the Clunnfar Runt at the end of the passageway. On the right side of the passageway is a wood door leading to Fort Rayles Hall of Winter.
- The right gate (L) leads to the primary section of the dungeon, toward another entrance (D) of the Hall of Winter. There is a lever to activate on the left hand side at the top of the stairs. Go through the passage and open the gate at the bottom of the stairs. Behind the pillars on your right, there is a crate and other objects. Be on the alert for a Conjurer. In the central section (near b on map), there is a chest and a sack. Continue exploring the passage and collect the alchemy equipment at E. Go through the wooden door and watch for another Conjurer. On the left there are three levers to activate, but only activate the rightmost lever to the right hand position.. Move quickly through the right hand passage to avoid the dart traps. At the end of the passage there is a door (D) to the Hall of Winter.
- Following the left path from here ultimately leads to a dead-end subsection of the second area, forcing you to retrace your steps. Since this subsection is reachable from above from the "main" part of the second area, going this way is essentially pointless. The right path has a puzzle involving three levers that manipulate three gates on the other side of a set of dart traps. To raise all three gates just leave the two leftmost levers in their starting (lefthand) position and flip the rightmost lever to its righthand position.
- 1 Chest 01
- 1 Chest 02
- The following alchemy equipment will always be found: 1 Novice Alembic, 2 Novice Calcinators, and 2 Novice Mortar & Pestles
- The other following items will always be found: 1 Repair Hammer and 2 Silver Arrows
- Some of the above items are clustered at location E: 1 Novice Alembic, 1 Novice Calcinator, and 2 Novice Mortar & Pestles
Doors and Gates:
- There are three doors in/out of this zone
- 1 door (at Out) leads outside
- 2 doors (at D and C) lead out of dungeon to Fort Rayles Hall of Winter and Fort Rayles Hall of Winter
- 5 Portcullis Gates at H, I, J, K, and L
- 4 bedrolls at locations b on map
 Zone 2: Fort Rayles Hall of Winter
- This zone has a conjurer adept guarding a room with a boss chest (on the far side of a bridge that collapses; the span can be jumped across). If you face the room the bridge leads to, turn to your right, and you should see a skull on a horizontal beam. Next to the skull is a guaranteed magic item, a War Axe of Jolts. Use a Fireball to knock it off. There is an apprentice retort (for early alchemists who may be searching for one) on top of the boss chest. Be wary of the grate in that room: if you walk over it, the grate collapses and you fall into the cavern beneath. If you "correctly" ignored the left path in the first area, use the grate as an exit once you're finished with this area (you can avoid taking any damage from the fall by moving "into" one of the pipe's walls on the way down) to return to Fort Rayles via the second door and explore the whole dungeon without any backtracking.
- 2 boss-level Conjurers at locations A on map
- 2 Conjurer Enemies (each 50% probability Conjurer, 50% Daedra)
- 0-1 Daedra
- 1 Daedra (always best possible level)
- 2 boss-level Chests (Conjurer variety) at locations B on map
- 1 War Axe of Jolts
- 1 Chest 01
- 1 Chest 02
- 2 Chests 04
- The following alchemy equipment will always be found: 1 Apprentice Retort, 1 Novice Alembic, 2 Novice Calcinators, 1 Novice Mortar & Pestle, and 1 Novice Retort
- The other following items will always be found: 1 Bonemeal, 1 Potion of Feather, 1 Mage's Hood, and 1 Steel Dagger
- Some of the above items are clustered at location E: 1 Novice Alembic, 1 Novice Calcinator, 1 Novice Mortar & Pestle, and 1 Novice Retort
Doors and Gates:
- There are two doors (at D and C) in/out of this zone, both leading to the zone Fort Rayles
- 1 Dead Goblin (may carry a lockpick) at location I on map
- 1 bedroll at b