Oblivion:Fort Redwater

The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Jump to: navigation, search
OB-mapicon-Fort.png
Fort:
Fort Redwater
(view on map)
# of Zones 2
Occupants
Vampires, Bones Undead
(1 boss-level Vampire)
Important Treasure
1 boss-level Coffin
Console Location Code(s)
FortRedwaterExterior, FortRedwater01, FortRedwater02
Region
Blackwood
Location
Far east of Bravil, on the north shore of the Panther River near its headwaters
Fort Redwater

Fort Redwater is a medium-sized fort far east of Bravil containing vampires. It contains two zones: Fort Redwater and Fort Redwater Halls of Glory.

[edit] Exterior

Key to Maps
Map of Fort Redwater Exterior

[edit] Zone 1: Fort Redwater

Fort Redwater

Fort Redwater contains a mix of hostile vampire and undead opposition but the chests inside make the fort worth exploring. Shortly after entering, you will reach an intersection; head right as gate D is opened by pulling a handle on the other side. Proceed through the passageway, taking care for the Darts trap at T, to reach a room containing a foe, a sleeping slab at b, and two chests. Take care of the opposition and loot the two chests; both contain minor loot but the chest up the steps in the southern corner is locked. Proceed forward to reach a crypt area guarded by one enemy; be sure to search the first coffin on your right as it contains some loot. Continue ahead to reach a fairly large room with a chest containing minor loot guarded by a foe. Proceed forward up a series of stairs to reach the upper level of a large room. Ignore the intersection for now and head straight ahead to reach a handle (cyan dot on map) you can turn to open gate D, allowing you to backtrack to the entrance of the fort more quickly. The lower level of the room contains two foes and no treasure, so they can be completely ignored with stealth or can be easily sniped from the upper level. Backtrack to the intersection and turn onto the bridge; watch out for the Darts trap at T while crossing the bridge. After crossing the bridge, you will reach an area with three chests guarded by only one foe. After looting the chests, continue ahead through a short hallway with one enemy patrolling the area. Locate door C and enter it to proceed into the next zone, Fort Redwater Halls of Glory.

Occupants:

Treasure:

Traps:

  • 3 Darts traps at locations T on map

Doors and Gates:

Other:

  • 1 sleeping slab at location b on map

[edit] Zone 2: Fort Redwater Halls of Glory

Fort Redwater Halls of Glory

This area contains primarily vampire opposition as opposed to the mix of undead and vampire opponents seen in the first section. This zone will greet you with an intersection; turn right as the path straight ahead leads to a dead end. Shortly after passing the intersection, you will want to turn right again to reach a chest containing minor loot. Continue forward and make a right turn just before reaching a fairly large room guarded by two foes to reach a locked chest containing more minor loot. Proceed into the chamber now and take care of any remaining foes that have not already detected you. Proceed forward through a tunnel to reach a tiny crypt area guarded by one foe; make sure to search the last coffin on your left as it contains some loot. Continue onward past a Pressure Plate at E to reach an intersection; heading left or right only takes you to some caged beasts, so it's recommended to just continue straight ahead. Shortly after heading straight, you will reach another intersection; the path to the right leads to yet another caged animal so turn left.

You will eventually reach a large chamber with a boss-level coffin at B just in front of you. A boss-level vampire (A) and possibly two other foes will make looting this coffin a challenge though. After defeating the opposition, be sure to loot the north western coffin and the two chests inside the room; the coffin and both chests contain minor loot but the southern most chest is locked. Continue forward, avoiding the Darts trap at T, through some tunnels to reach a crypt area guarded by one last opponent; be sure to search the last coffin on your right as it contains some loot. Proceed forward through the tunnel and fall down the hole to find yourself at a dead end near the beginning of the zone. Make the short trip back to door C and open it to proceed back into Fort Redwater.

Occupants:

  • 1 boss-level Vampire (50% chance Vampire Matriarch, 50% chance Vampire Patriarch) at location A on map
  • 5-7 Vampire Beasts (level-dependent Rat, Wolf, or Timber Wolf)
  • 2 Vampire Enemies (each 50% probability Vampire, 33% Undead, 17% Vampire Beast)

Treasure:

Traps:

Doors and Gates:

  • There is one door (at C) in/out of this zone, leading to the zone Fort Redwater

Personal tools
 What is this Ad?
Report Ad