|# of Zones||2|
|1 boss-level Chest|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|FortVarielaExterior, FortVariela, FortVariela02|
|North of Bravil, on the west bank of the Upper Niben.|
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel 14, 0
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Fort Variela (editor name FortVarielaMapMarker). The entrance door is WSW of the marker, 110 feet away.
- 1 Wilderness Creature (Forest variety) is near the entrance
- 3 Wilderness Creatures (Plains variety) are near the entrance
- 1 Jewelry Box (contains Note of Bounty, jewelry, 75% chance two potions, 50% scroll; non-respawning) is at location C on map
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 4 Fly Amanita plants and 1 Monkshood plant
Additional points of interest are a dock to the east and a small graveyard to the north, which may both be intended as part of the overall fort complex.
 Zone 1: Fort Variela
This zone is fairly straightforward: simply fight your way through the chambers until you reach door C to Fort Variela Staff Quarters. You should never have to face more than two enemies at a time. In the final chamber are two bedrolls (b) you can sleep in.
Door D, also leading to Fort Variela Staff Quarters, is unaccesible from this zone, unless you have very high acrobatic skill, as it is on a higher level.
Doors and Gates:
- There are three doors in/out of this zone
- 2 bedrolls at locations b on map
 Zone 2: Fort Variela Staff Quarters
In the next room you enter, be sure not to miss the Boss chest (B), which is hidden behind one of the stone coffins directly underneath the little bridge you used to come in.
From door D you can enter to a previously inaccesible area of Fort Variela, which contains three minor loot containers. From here you can jump down the balcony and backtrack to the entrance.
- 1 boss-level Chest (Necromancer variety; locked) at location B on map
- 1 Chest 02
- 2 Chests 04
- 1 Coffin 02
Doors and Gates:
- There are two doors (at D and C) in/out of this zone, both leading to the zone Fort Variela