(Click on any item for details)
Fortify Health M points for D seconds
Fortify Health boosts the target's Health by M points for D seconds. When the effect expires, the target loses M points of health, unless that would reduce the target's health to 0 or less; i.e. the target is left with at least 1 health point when the effect expires.
- This effect can be gained for spell making and enchanting via spells, choosing the Orc or Redguard race, or the Dragon Stone or Jode Stone Doomstone.
- Fortify Health can be used to save you (or your allies) from what would otherwise be inevitable death. When your health gets dangerously low, a custom Fortify Health spell will boost your health. Furthermore, when it expires you are always left with at least 1 last health point, which in extreme cases can effectively heal you, potentially for less cost than a Restore Health effect.
- If you are fighting an opponent that is unarmed, or has been disarmed, you can drop a weak weapon on the ground that has been enchanted with a fortify health enchantment. The NPC should pick the weapon up and attack you with it, but will essentially be making you stronger. This is especially useful against the three argonian prisoners in the Arena.
- Fortify Endurance provides a health boost very similar to Fortify Health, although at greater cost. However, when Fortify Endurance expires, the target's health may become negative (without killing the target).
 See also
- Restore vs. Fortify vs. Absorb: A comparison of these similar effects.
- Absorb Health, Damage Health, Drain Health, Restore Health
- Fortify Attribute, Fortify Fatigue, Fortify Magicka, Fortify Skill
 Alchemy Ingredients
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Fortify Health: