Oblivion:Knights of the White Stallion (quest)
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to Count Marius Caro about a dangerous bandit.
- Speak with Mazoga for more information.
- Travel with Mazoga to Telepe and kill all the bandits.
- Report to Marius.
- Return Black Bows to Marius for a bounty.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 The Target
Speak to Count Marius Caro after completing Mazoga the Orc's quest to begin this quest. The Count wants you to kill an Orc outlaw named Black Brugo, chieftain of the Black Bow Bandits. He'll suggest speaking with Mazoga, who may have contacts with outlaws, due to her shadowy past.
Speak with Mazoga and you'll learn that she knows Brugo, that his hideout is an Ayleid ruin west of Leyawiin called Telepe, and that he visits there between midnight and 6:00 am (see Notes). Keep in mind, he may arrive early; sometimes shortly after 8:00 pm. Mazoga will wait in the Castle Hall until you ask her to follow you.
 The Black Bow Bandits
Travel to Telepe (northwest of Leyawiin and a short distance southwest of the White Stallion Lodge) and kill Black Brugo and his gang. The ruins are quite small and contain two of Brugo's henchmen. If you arrive at the above indicated time, Brugo and his friends Alonzo and Roxy Aric are located nearby after you enter the cell, so the action begins quickly. They will enter the ruin, however.
If you arrive at 8.00 am or shortly afterwards, you will see Brugo, Alonzo and (unvisible) Roxy Aric beginning their daywork: slowly going to the place of their ambush a bit north of Telepe near the road. This offers new tactics: as long as you walk in their back, they dont attack until arriving the ambush site (even if they shout alarm phrases). So you can fight one of them at a time, turning the fight a lot easier.
After the battle, Mazoga is quite excited that she'll soon be a real knight, even though she apparently does not know how to be one or even what a knight-errant is, and says she'll meet you in the Castle Hall. Note that before she starts travelling on her own, you will first have to lead her outside and away from the ruins.
 Become a Knight
Report to Marius to become a Knight-Errant of the Knights of the White Stallion, receive a Leyawiin guard's shield and the key to White Stallion Lodge. He also promises a bounty of 100 gold for every Black Bow you deliver to him.
After the quest, Mazoga will say "I'm gonna go get me some black bows. Tag along if you like." This initiates the freeform quest Black Bow Bandits.
- The black bows you retrieve from the bandits are quite good and you won't find better bows until Dwarven bows appear at level 6. If you are into archery you might want to keep one for yourself, at least until you find better equipment. Also remember that the count will pay you more for black bows (100 gold) than any merchant (base price is 70 gold).
- If you do not need the help, you can speak to Mazoga and ask her to wait for you to ensure her survival. If you tell Mazoga to wait while on route to Telepe, and continue on your own, you may have trouble finding her again later unless you set a blue map marker at her location - it may be best to leave her inside the Leyawiin castle. The count will still make her a knight together with you, even though she did not really do anything.
- If Mazoga gets killed while in the ruins, it will not affect the outcome of the quest. Once you complete the quest, the messenger from Marius apparently feels happy in depositing the shield and keys on her corpse. You can go back to the cave and pick them up yourself, along with her armor.
- Mazoga will confusingly initially tell the player that Brugo will be at Telepe every night, then when asked any time afterwards, will indicate that Brugo will be there on Middas.
- Mazoga has a minimum level of 10. If you do this quest early at a low level, Mazoga can do most of the work for you without having to worry about dying.
- Sometimes, the standard bandit guarding Telepe will stand on the inaccessible top of the entrance, where he can fire at you and even if killed by long ranged weapons can not be looted. In this case, load a previous savegame from before entering the cell.
- For several different reasons, Brugo will often fail to retrieve his gold and instead wander randomly around Telepe. To resolve the issue, open the gate manually if Brugo hasn't done so already, leave the dungeon, and Wait one hour or longer and he should resume his normal schedule.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
- If either Roxy or Alonzo are dead, Brugo will only go to Telepe at midnight on Middas instead of every night, as he's supposed to. If this happens, look for him a bit north of Telepe. You'll find him wandering around there.
- This issue has been addressed by version 3.4.0 of the Unofficial Oblivion Patch; partially fixed: if Roxy is dead, Brugo will still be stuck north of Telepe.
 Journal Entries
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- On the PC, it is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage MS92 stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: Mazoga the Orc||Next: Black Bow Bandits (freeform quest, not in journal)|