|County Kvatch, on the Gold Coast
|KvatchEntrance, KvatchPlaza, KvatchEast|
Early history of Kvatch is present in Rislav The Righteous, wherein it states that the kingdoms of Kvatch and Skingrad were at a time of rivalry during the fifth century, until ending their skirmishing in 1E 472. Kvatch was under rule of King Justinius during this time, whose daughter Belene was wed to Prince Rislav of Skingrad, presumably to make peace between the two kingdoms. Towards the end of the fifth century, The Kings of the Colovian West joined with Kvatch and Skingrad to resist the Alessian army and its Reform.
Sources show it was a major settlement when sacked by the Camoran Usurper in the 3E 249. At the center of the city stands a statue of Antus Pinder, a hero who led the defense of the city against an unspecified superior force. Despite being defeated gravely, the statue was erected to remember his courage and spirit.
The most recent ruling family of Kvatch is the Goldwine lineage. A conflict over inheritance caused the death of both sons of Count Ormellius Goldwine in 3E 432, causing a short period of unrest in Kvatch. In 3E 433 the Dunmer saint, Jiub, moved to Kvatch to begin work on his autobiography. Not long after the assassination of Uriel Septim VII, the city was razed to the ground by the Daedra as the opening move in the Oblivion Crisis, leaving Kvatch with no count.
At the opening of the Fourth Era, following its liberation from the Daedra, the city was uninhabited and only the chapel and castle remained standing. The city had been rebuilt by the time the Great War broke out in 4E 171.
Quests Starting Here
The quests here are all part of the main quest line.
- Breaking the Siege of Kvatch: You must help defeat the Daedra invaders and end the siege of Kvatch.
- The Battle for Castle Kvatch: Try to save the Count of Kvatch, and rid the city of any remaining Daedra. (side quest of "Breaking the Siege of Kvatch")
- Find the Heir: Head to Kvatch to find the last heir.
- Allies for Bruma: You are asked to bring in reinforcements for Bruma from the other towns.
- Restoration Master Training: A master healer will only train you if you save her city.