|Quest||Unearthing Mehrunes Razor|
|Items||Mehrunes' Razor Items|
|Released||June 16, 2006|
|Patch||1.1.511 or higher|
|CS||Version 1.2 (or hex edit the esm file)|
|For problems related to installation, see Installation Issues|
Mehrunes' Razor is an official add-on for Oblivion, adding a new quest to retrieve a powerful dagger. The add-on introduces a new nine-level dungeon, a new set of armor owned by an assassin, new clothes, new weaponry, new clutter items, and a new spell which can refine metal ore.
- The lost Ayleid City Varsa Baalim has been unearthed by a rogue Telvanni arch-mage, in pursuit of a fearsome Daedric Artifact, Mehrunes Razor, which he believes will give him the power he needs to topple the Imperial reign - but what horrors lie in wait beneath the Valus mountains; and can you overcome them to claim Mehrunes Razor as your own? —Former Official Summary
- Conquer one of the deepest and most challenging dungeons in all of Cyrodiil and claim one of the most fearsome weapons imaginable. —Current Official Summary
- Items — Items introduced with the add-on include armor, books, jewelry, weapons and more.
- NPCs — 10 new NPCs are introduced with the add-on, many of whom are aligned with the Drothmeri Army
- Sundercliff Watch — The largest dungeon in Cyrodiil, featuring 9 levels and 23 zones
- Quest — Unearth Mehrunes Razor to retrieve a powerful artifact
This letter was originally displayed on the official obliviondownloads.com website, which has since become unavailable. The text serves to provide background and context for the events of the add-on.