Quick Walkthrough
- Once you have reached level 10, find the Shrine of Meridia and make an offering of an ingredient from an undead creature to have Meridia speak to you.
- After the offering is made, Meridia will instruct you to wipe out the Necromancers in Howling Cave.
- Once the Necromancers are dealt with, return to the shrine to be rewarded with the Ring of Khajiiti.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Chart a course west-northwest from Skingrad's West Gate to find the between Cursed Mine and Shardrock farm. No one will give directions to it. You must be at least level 10 to start. Talk to Basil Ernarde at the shrine to begin.
 An Offering to the God
Meridia, Lady of Infinite Energies, is associated with the energies of living things, and has a particular dislike of undead creatures. Bring an ingredient from an undead creature (Mort Flesh, Ectoplasm or regular Bonemeal) to the shrine to talk to her.
- By the detritus of the profane, I am brought forth. And by your offering, you have made the profane your interest, mortal. The undead are foul, unnatural things. Some of my rivals take pleasure in these abominations. Not Meridia. I wish these creatures destroyed. Hidden behind a door, deep in Howling Cave, are necromancers. They rob graves for the materials to raise their undead armies. Find these necromancers. Destroy them and their abominations. Do this, and earn the gratitude of Meridia.
 The Task at Hand
After you bring this tribute, she will send you off to wipe out a band of Necromancers in Howling Cave, east of Castle Skingrad. The northern passage leads to a secret door and the 5 Necromancers are behind that door. Go in only if you are prepared for a fight. The Necromancers are loaded with potions (due to a bug) and aided by half a dozen or so undead. They will summon their own undead creatures to attack you. Depending on your level, some of the undead may summon. Things can get out of hand very quickly. Stealth is recommended.
 Returning to the Shrine
Return to the shrine after all five are dead. The reward is the Ring of Khajiiti - a ring with Fortify Speed (+10) and Chameleon (35%) enchantments.
- Well done. Those creatures were an affront to all life, and they have paid the price for their actions. Take this ring and go with my blessing.
- If you happen to have already killed the Howling Cave Necromancers before Meridia gives you the assignment, your journal will immediately tell you that you have completed the assignment. Talk to Meridia again and she will reward you with the Ring of Khajiiti.
- The offering needed to activate this quest must specifically be either Ectoplasm, Mort Flesh, or regular Bonemeal. Meridia will not accept the rare 2-gold variety of Bonemeal (collected from Deranged Zombies), nor will she accept the remnants of Undead creatures that are found exclusively in the Shivering Isles: Bone Marrow, Bone Shard, and Hound Tooth.
- There is a portion of ectoplasm on the ground just behind the benches at the shrine, in case you need some. It is translucent and half-embedded in the ground, so you will likely have to rely on the hand icon to show you that you're looking at it.
 Journal Entries
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- On the PC, it is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage DAMeridia stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.