For official plugins released by Bethesda refer to Official Plug-ins.
 What Goes Here
There are a couple of other wikis and other information sources out there on mods, so we would like to distinguish ourselves from them in the way we approach mod information.
- Depth over Breadth: Cover fewer mod and mod subjects, but when we do so, do so in depth.
- No Stubs! Do not begin a mod page until you're ready to write an in-depth article.
- No Readmes! Do not post the readme here.
- No Reviews!
- Utility over Exhaustion
- In addition to the rules above, we also want to make sure that details should only be given to the depth that is likely to be useful to most mod players.
- I.e. the goal is not to exhaustively document every fact about a given mod, but rather to produce guides that are genuinely useful to players of that mod.
- In effect (combining this with the "Depth over Breadth" rule), this means that only fairly complicated mods should be documented here.
See Also: For an alternate site that focuses on breadth, presentation of readmes and broad searches, see Oblivion Mod Wiki. Also see download sites (e.g. TesNexus and Planet Elder Scrolls) which provide similar information for their hosted mods.
- Oblivion Mods FAQ - Thorough introduction to using mods. (Extremely useful for newbies!)
- OMFAQ: What are Mods? - What mods do. Mods vs. plugins, etc.
- OMFAQ: Where can I find good Mods? - Where to get mods and lists of good mods.
- Mod Complexity - Why are mods and mod tools so complicated???
- Mod Compatibility and You - Mod incompatibilities. Why they exist and how to deal with them.
- Mod Acronyms - Cobl, FCOM, MMM,Common acronyms for mods, etc.
- Mod Glossary - Commonly used terms in working with mods.
 Lists and Comparisons
- Recommended Mods - Lists of recommended mods by various authors.
- Body Mods - A side by side comparison of several body mods.
- Magic Overhaul Comparison - Compares magic overhaul mods.
- Scaling Overhaul Comparison - Compares scaling overhaul mods (Oscuro, Fran, etc.)
 Mod Playing Tools
- OBMM - Install/uninstall mods, browse BSA archives, etc.
- Tes4View - Advanced tool for diagnosing mod conflicts.
- Bash vs. OBMM - A comparison between the mod installers of Wrye Bash and the Oblivion Mod Manager.
Note: For modder specific tools, see Modding Tools.
 Specific Mods
- Official Plug-ins - Mods by Bethesda Softworks.
- Cobl - A list of Cobl (Common Oblivion) based mods.
- FCOM - Compatibility guide for FCOM and related mods.
- Stirk - Originally part of the Tamriel Rebuilt project, adds the island of Stirk to the west of Anvil.
 Ideas and Works In Progress
- Major Work-In-Progress Mods – Major mods for Oblivion whose creation are in progress.
 See Also
- forums for discussions and questions about the CS and mods for Oblivion - A place on the UESP