Oblivion:More Unfinished Business
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to Modryn Oreyn.
- Find Maglir and question him about the defaulted contract.
- Obtain ten samples of Imp Gall for Aryarie.
- Return to Aryarie and Modryn for your rewards.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Receiving the Quest
 ...You Have To Do It Yourself
Travel to Bravil and ask around town or in the local Fighters Guild about Maglir and you'll be directed to The Lonely Suitor Lodge in town. Once you locate Maglir and speak with him, he'll reveal he's defected to the Blackwood Company for work (as if his new armor wasn't a dead giveaway).
How the next part of this quest plays out is affected by the actions you took in Unfinished Business:
- If you covered for Maglir before, he'll tell you about Aryarie directly.
- If you dutifully told Modryn Oreyn the truth about Maglir's first defaulted contract he'll get quite upset with you, calling you a rat and refusing to speak with you any further. At this stage you can either return to Modryn Oreyn, who will tell you to talk to Aryarie or speak directly with her in the Bravil Mages Guild for details on completing the contract.
 Robber's Glen Cave
Aryarie needs ten samples of Imp Gall for her research and doesn't trust the Blackwood Company to do the job. She suggests Robber's Glen Cave as a likely place to find Imps and marks the cave's location on your map.
Robber's Glen Cave is one of the few places in the game where Imps are always guaranteed to appear. You will find at least twelve Imps in the cave, making it straightforward to fill Aryarie's request. As a monster dungeon, it also has good quality treasure and may be worth exploring even if you do not need the Imp Gall. It is located north of Bravil on the Green Road.
However, you do not need to visit Robber's Glen Cave to complete this quest, as any Imp Gall will suffice. If you already have ten samples in your inventory, you can immediately give them to Aryarie. Or you can visit any of the other places detailed on the relevant article to obtain the necessary samples. If you are the Arch-Mage and already have a sample, you can use the enchanted chest in the Arch-Mage's quarters to quickly get ten.
|1-4||Base Ring of Aegis||Shield 12pts|
|5-9||Ring of Aegis||Shield 15pts|
|10+||Grand Ring of Aegis||Shield 18pts|
Return to Modryn Oreyn for the rest of your reward: a standard level-dependent gold reward, one Fame point, and advancement to the rank of Defender. Now that you have finally earned some of Modryn's respect, he will suggest it's time to talk about the Blackwood Company, which leads to your next Fighters Guild quest for him - Azani Blackheart.
 Journal Entries
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- On the PC, it is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage FGD04Defector stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: The Master's Son||Up: Fighters Guild||Next: Azani Blackheart|