There are many great Oblivion mods. This page lists the really essential ones - the bug fixes - and is also where each user can list their own favorites page.
Please do not add any new mods to this page. If you want to list your own favorite mods, please see an existing subpage to see how to create your own list. Contact a Mentor if you need help.
Almost all complex mods require The Oblivion Script Extender to function properly.
- The Unofficial Oblivion Patch (self-installer or manual install 7-Zip file. With v3 this patch increased to 110mb total): Fixes over 2300 bugs in Oblivion left over after the official 1.1.511 and 1.2.0416 patches. Fixes quest, item, scripting, graphical, object placement, sound and dialog/voice bugs and more, and a couple of crashes to desktop. Also fixes problems that occur when playing using a custom race. Compatible with many other mods including Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul (OOO); many of its otherwise incompatible fixes have been incorporated into OOO v1.3. See http://www.baldurdash.org/TESOblivion/TESOblivion.html.
- The Unofficial Official Mods Patch (2.7MB self-installer, 2.5MB OMOD install, or 2.5MB manual install 7-Zip file): Fixes the bugs existing in the official plug-ins released by Bethesda.
- The Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch (18.7MB self-installer or 18.6MB manual install 7-Zip file): Fixes the vast amount of bugs currently existing in the Shivering Isles expansion pack for Oblivion.
- Weapon Expansion Pack for Oblivion Nthusiasts (27MB for Oblivion+Shivering Isles version or 19MB for Oblivion version): Fixes hundreds of minor weapon, armor, item, or leveled list issues not already covered by any of the files listed above. Several versions of this file add new content to Oblivion, but two 'Fix Only' versions that only affect vanilla Oblivion issues or Shivering Isles issues also are posted.
Other Mod ListsEdit
- Aelius' List of Recommended Mods
- BallOfFire's Oblivion Modlist
- Buddah's List-O-Links
- Game Front Top 10 Best Oblivion Mods
- PC Gamer's 10 Essential Oblivion Mods
- /r/oblivion Recommended Mods
- Push list of Oblivion mods
- Oblivion Nexus top 25 mods
- forums for discussions and questions about the CS and mods for Oblivion - A place on the UESP