Quick Walkthrough
- Lithnilian in the Imperial Bridge Inn will ask you to retrieve his notes from Bramblepoint Cave.
- Fight your way through the cave and recover his notes in the third level
- Return to Lithnilian to be rewarded with 3-9 level-dependent potions.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Imperial Bridge Inn
To get the quest, travel to the Imperial Bridge Inn; it's just north of the first 'S' in the word 'Silverfish River' on your map. Inside the Inn, you will meet an Altmer Sorcerer, Lithnilian, who proceeds to tell you about his research into natural growing Welkynd Stones in Bramblepoint Cave, and how he was disrupted by creatures and forced to flee, leaving his precious notes behind.
 Bramblepoint Cave
Bramblepoint Cave is west of the Inn on the north bank of the Silverfish River, near its mouth, just NNE of Cadlew Chapel. Bramblepoint Cave has three levels, Lithnilian's notes are in the last. Guarding them are up to three standard enemies and a boss-level Monster, so fighting might be challenging. You will find the notes in a chest next to his bedroll; close by are also a boss chest and the living Welkynd formations. Grab the notes, and head off back to the Imperial Bridge Inn for your reward.
 Leveled Reward
Consult the following chart for your level-dependent reward. If the chart says three potions, you will receive three identical potions. If the chart says six potions, you will get three of one type, and three of a second type. However, the message on the screen will only inform you of one set of three; you need to check your inventory to find out about the other three. Similarly, if the chart says nine potions, you will receive three different types of potions, but on screen you will only be told about one type.
||3 Weak Potions
||3 Average Potions
||6 Average Potions
||3 Strong Potions
||6 Strong Potions
||9 Strong Potions
 Journal Entries
|No Stone Unturned (SQ04)
||I've discovered the research notes of a Lithnilian. The notes mention him being at the Imperial Bridge Inn. Perhaps if I return this book to him, he'll offer me a reward.
||I've met Lithnilian, an Altmer Sorcerer, at the Imperial Bridge Inn in the wilderness southeast of the Imperial City. He's asked me to locate his research notes on Welkynd Stones which he lost in the depths of Bramblepoint Cave.
||I've recovered Lithnilian's research notes from Bramblepoint Cave. I should return it to Lithnilian for the promised reward.
||I've returned the research notes to Lithnilian at the Imperial Bridge Inn. He generously rewarded me for my efforts.
||With Lithnilian's death, it's impossible to complete this quest.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- On the PC, it is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage SQ04 stage, where
stage is the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.