|Location||Cheydinhal Mages Guild|
|Available||Only when reading|
|Faction(s)||Cheydinhal Riverview; Mages Guild (Magician ); Cheydinhal Citizens|
Orintur, an Altmer sorcerer, is a Magician of the Mages Guild who sells spells at the Cheydinhal Guild Hall. He is married to fellow guild member and alchemist Eilonwy. In his greeting he will tell you: "I'm Magician Orintur of the Mages Guild. I divide my time between the Cheydinhal Guild and my own private studies at Willow Bank."
In actual fact, he is never seen home, preferring to spend his time at the Guild Hall. From 8am when he wakes up until 5pm he will be found wandering around the Guild building. He will occasionally break off to study the rare tome The Last King of the Ayleids for three hours in one of the available chairs on the second floor. He leaves at 5pm for a three-hour sunset walk and can be found admiring the panorama while strolling on the small island in the middle of Cheydinhal's river. At 8pm he returns to the guild, where he eats a two-hour dinner with his fellow guild members in the east-wing dining area. At 10pm he retires to sleep in his bed on the second floor. He will offer his services only when reading. Together with his wife, he attends the weekly parties held on a Loredas at Riverview, where he will be found eating between 8pm and 10pm and then conversing with the other guests until midnight.
He wears upper-class attire consisting of a red velvet blouse, red velvet garment and a pair of gold trimmed shoes. He also carries his book, his key and a sizable amount of gold. He doesn't wield any weapons, relying instead on a set of medium-high Alteration spells. These are the same spells that you can buy cheaply from him, since his Mercantile is a mere 7.
He shares his wife's views about their relationship and when asked about Cheydinhal he will say: "I'm very fond of Cheydinhal. It's where I met my love, Eilonwy. Our lives are quite long, and choosing the right partner is very important." If you haven't joined up, he will advise you that "The guild offers access to spells you can't find anywhere else. See Falcar here in town if you'd like to join." If you already are a member, he will comment on fellow spell merchant Trayvond's ability: "Trayvond has the best shield spell outside of the Arcane University. If you can cast it, it's definitely worth adding to your selection." As a matter of fact, Orintur himself is the only vendor outside the University that sells the Journeyman, Expert and Master spells of the Shield effect.
He isn't the only one mistaken however; his wife is so blindly in love with him that she will tell you: "Orintur doesn't like to brag, but no one can match the Reflect spells he can cast. He might teach you one, if you're skilled enough." Actually, Reflect is a Mysticism effect and Orintur only sells Alteration spells. She is so proud of him that even when introducing herself, she gives him top billing: "I'm Eilonwy. I'm only a conjurer, but Orintur is a full Magician. Isn't he wonderful?" and follows that up with "Perhaps it seems silly, but our love is the most important thing in all creation. Orintur and I spend all our time together, in the High Elf way." Other people around town have noticed the happy relationship between Orintur and his wife and will ask each other "Have you seen Orintur and Eilonwy recently? They're always together" and "Have you ever seen a couple more in love than Orintur and Eilonwy?"
On the subject of recommendations he will say "You'll need to see Falcar about that." Once Falcar has given you your task, he will comment "Falcar gives out the strangest assignments. It's as if he doesn't really care about them."
|Encumbering Touch*||Journeyman||78||Burden 50pts for 25sec on Touch|
|Guard*||Journeyman||104||Shield 30% for 30sec on Self|
|Ice Shield*||Journeyman||131||Frost Shield 20% for 30sec on Self|
|Lighten Load*||Journeyman||75||Feather 75pts for 300sec on Self|
|Lightning Shield*||Journeyman||131||Shock Shield 20% for 30sec on Self|
|Open Average Lock||Journeyman||72||Open Average Lock on Target|
|Fire Shield*||Expert||221||Fire Shield 30% for 30sec on Self|
|Glacial Wall*||Expert||221||Frost Shield 30% for 30sec on Self|
|Lightning Wall*||Expert||221||Shock Shield 30% for 30sec on Self|
|Open Hard Lock||Expert||176||Open Hard Lock on Target|
|Oppressing Grasp||Expert||158||Burden 75pts for 30sec on Touch|
|Pack Mule||Expert||183||Feather 150pts for 300sec on Self|
|Shield||Expert||151||Shield 40% for 30sec on Self|
|Weight of the World*||Expert||178||Burden 60pts for 30sec on Target|
|Aegis||Master||403||Shield 50% for 60sec on Self|
|Flame Shield*||Master||443||Fire Shield 30% for 60sec on Self|
* Indicates spells which cannot be purchased from anyone else, though spells with the same effects at different magnitudes can be purchased elsewhere.
- The magicka cost for most purchasable spells matches the value you would calculate from the Spell Cost equation. In other words, if you were to create the same spell at the Spellmaking Altar, it would have the same magicka cost as the purchasable spell. There are a few exceptions. Spells that are a bad deal, i.e. more expensive than a custom spell, are in red; spells that are a good deal are in green. The magicka cost if you were to create a custom spell at the Spellmaking Altar is shown in parentheses.
- The magicka cost for spells is dependent upon your skill in the school (as modified by Luck, see Magic Overview). The provided baseline values are the magicka cost when your skill level is 33. For other skill levels the magicka cost can be determined from:
Cost * (1.4 - 0.012 * Skill)
- More powerful spells cost more to buy, have a higher skill requirement, and consume more Magicka.
- Level indicates what skill level you must reach (or surpass) in order to use a spell. Skill Level 0-24 = Novice, 25-49 = Apprentice, 50-74 = Journeyman, 75-99 = Expert, 100 = Master.
- The base cost in gold that you must pay to purchase a spell is always three times the current magicka cost of the spell, taking into account your character's skill level and Luck. (The actual cost you pay is further increased based on how well you haggle with the merchant.) Therefore, if you have any Fortify Skill or Fortify Luck spells/potions handy, you can get significantly better deals when purchasing spells.