Quick Walkthrough
- Upon locating the Shrine, you'll notice that Peryite's worshippers are frozen in a sleep like state. You must be level 10 to begin this quest.
- Speak with the Daedric Prince, who will inform you that their souls are trapped in Oblivion, where you must go and free them.
- Tell Peryite when you are ready and he will send you to Oblivion, to locate and free the five trapped souls of his followers.
- When all five souls have been freed Peryite will open a portal back to Cyrodiil for you.
- Return and speak with Peryite once more to receive Spell Breaker, an enchanted Shield.
 Detailed Walkthrough
The Silverfish River, about where it begins to turn to the north (close to where the R at the start of 'River' is on the paper map). No one will give directions to it, so it must be found.is located on the south bank of the
You must be level 10 to begin this quest. There are 5 worshippers here, but none are moving. If you try to speak to any of them, it appears they are unconscious. Activate the statue, and Peryite will speak to you. His followers have performed a risky magical ritual in an attempt to be closer to him. Now their souls are trapped in Oblivion while their bodies remain here in the physical world. Peryite wants you to go to his realm of Oblivion and rescue the souls of his worshippers from their folly.
- This one moves! A welcome change. So, mortal, you have found my shrine, and you have seen my followers. They are an embarrassment to me. The fools cast a spell in the hopes of summoning me to them. It was prideful and foolish, and it has had its consequences. My followers are trapped between worlds; their bodies here on this plane, their souls in Oblivion. I would have you reunite the bodies and the souls. I will transport you to the plane of Oblivion in which they are trapped. Find their souls. When all are collected, I will return you here. Return to me when you are prepared.
 The Task at Hand
Peryite will transport you to the Realm of Peryite when you are ready, and will open a portal back once you have rescued all 5 souls. The quest itself is a pretty straightforward Oblivion crawl. The layout and terrain appear just like the other Oblivion realms, with the usual foes to face. There is no Sigil Stone here, though. The island is shaped like a doughnut, it is large and circular with no middle to cross. Each soul is near a raging bonfire with no fuel source, but the smoke trails give you pretty good pointers as to where they are. Be wary when approaching the souls when there are enemies nearby, as it is possible that the souls will flee at the sight of the hostiles and venture into the lava and die, failing the quest.
 Returning to the Shrine
Recover all 5 souls, then go back to where you started and use the gateway to return to the shrine in Cyrodiil.Peryite will reward you with Spell Breaker, a heavy armor shield with constant 30% spell reflection.
- You have returned my followers, mortal. The natural order is restored, and for this, I thank you. Perhaps they have learned the folly of attempting to touch a Daedra Prince. Take this, with my blessing. May it bring you order.
- All five worshippers are immobile essential NPCs who regenerate life every time they are close to death. Before you complete the quest, this is a perfect place to train any of your skills. Back one or more into a corner and hack/cast away at them (note, though, that you will not be able to recover your arrows from them and that casting destruction type spells, like shock or flare, will cause them to fall over and stand back up, possibly out of place from where they were standing before). There is no one near to report your actions as a crime, they won't die, they won't fight back and they won't even move!
- If you attack the worshippers excessively, your game may become unstable due to all the unreported, zero-bounty assaults. This can result in crashes when saving the game, or even when fast-traveling (due to auto-saves before traveling). It is recommended that you keep an alternative save slot prior to entering the area. Legally resolving a crime clears out all the "unreported" crimes which are overloading the engine. Simply commit a crime that is reported (steal a worthless item and get caught, or punch a guard) and then pay the fine to fix the issue. It is probably safest to do this periodically instead of waiting for your game to become unstable, because once your game starts to crash it may be too late to recover.
- If you push one of the frozen worshippers into the nearby river, then they will begin to float in the water as if they were swimming, while they are still unconscious.
- In the German copy of the game the text of Quest Stage 80 (see below) is translated in a somewhat misleading way because where it says that Peryite has opened a portal in front of the player. The translation does not contain the information of heading back to the entry point. The map shows the position of the portal correctly but depending on the player's actual position on the map the portal's location may be out of sight, thus creating the illusion that the portal has not appeared properly.
- Spell Breaker (the artifact obtained in this quest) cannot be used for the Blood of the Daedra quest (the item does not appear in the list of artifacts when you talk to Martin).
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1.511 of the Official Oblivion Patch.
- There is a small chance that if monsters are chasing you, a soul may also run away from you when you are trying to release it and then end up in the lava inaccessible.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
In the Realm of Peryite, when entering the Blood Well, there is a chance where the music playing will be that of walking around Cyrodiil, not the usual dungeon music.
 Journal Entries
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- On the PC, it is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage DAPeryite stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.