|# of Zones||2|
|# of Welkynd Stones||16|
|# of Varla Stones||2|
(1 boss-level Conjurer)
|1 boss-level Ayleid Cask 01|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|SardavarLeedExterior, SardavarLeed, SardavarLeed02|
|South of the Red Ring Road, on the south side of Lake Rumare and just west of the Upper Niben.|
- According to The Adabal-a, Queen Alessia grew up as a slave in Sardavar Leed. The fact that a nearby fort is named Fort Alessia is unlikely to be a coincidence.
- The first edition of the Prima Official Game Guide lists Sardavar Leed as a location containing an Ayleid Statue, however there is no statue to be found.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel 9, 4
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Sardavar Leed (editor name SardavarLeedMapMarker). The entrance door is S of the marker, 110 feet away.
- 0-2 Conjurer Enemies (each 33% probability Conjurer, 67% Daedra) are near the entrance
- 1 Wilderness Creature (Forest variety) is near the entrance
- 1 Nirnroot is at location N on map
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 6 Fly Amanita plants, 2 Lady's Mantle plants, 3 Lady's Smock plants, 6 Lavender plants, 11 Monkshood plants, 2 Morning Glory plants, 3 Peony plants, and 3 Summer Bolete plants
- 1 Ayleid Well is at location A on map
- 1 bedroll is at b
 Zone 1: Sardavar Leed
This ruin is both incredibly complex and quite linear as the first zone contains multiple vertical levels and paths; as a result, the in-game map can easily confuse more than it helps. It contains a hefty amount of treasure with a similar amount of enemies, so if you want everything, be prepared for a long and challenging exploration.
Upon entering from door Out, watch out for the patrolling Conjurer on the bridge above, who will not hesitate to jump down and fight; proceed forward until you reach an intersection with another Marauder on the level above. The path to the left leads down to a locked gate (H), that can only be opened from the other side; the path to the right leads to the first part of the large central chamber, on the upper level. Claim the four Welkynd Stones from the pedestals and unlock the door at I, and loot the treasure from the sleeping area with the five bedrolls at b. Backtrack to the previous intersection as it is too early to jump down to the lower level.
Going straight ahead from the initial intersection will land you in another upper-level area of Sardavar Leed, this time complicated by a leveled Daedra and eight Falling Blades traps at D. Locate door F and stand on the push block to lower it. The next area is quite large, contains eight Welkynd Stones and a variety of opportunities. You will meet a glowing, but inactive, altar and a look around will reveal an Ayleid Chest in the distance, but watch out for the Crumbling Bridge at E. Continuing along the upper level path will land you near another intersection; straight ahead is an iron gate, (G) opened elsewhere. The left path provides convenient backtracking to the exit later on. Taking the right path is preferable as it will net you more Welkynd Stones and give access to the southernmost room, a staircase leading underground where you can pick up some minor loot from the many chests (green dots on map) and, most importantly, the push block, which elevates gate G, ultimately giving you access to the next zone, Sardavar Leed Lattasel through door C.
- 6 Conjurers
- 1 Conjurer Enemy (each 50% probability Conjurer, 50% Daedra)
- 4-8 Daedra
- 1 Daedra (always best possible level)
- 2 Ayleid Coffers (both locked)
- 4 Ayleid Reliquaries (2 locked)
- 1 Chest 01 (locked)
- 1 Chest 02
- 3 Chests 03
- 1 Chest 04
- 2 Restoration Ayleid Chests (1 locked)
- 1 Restoration Chest
- 16 Welkynd Stones
- The following potions will always be found: 1 Poison of Slowing
Doors and Gates:
- There are two doors in/out of this zone
- 1 Gate at I (locked)
- 3 Iron Gates (opened remotely) at F, G, and H
- 2 beds at locations b on map
- 3 bedrolls at b
 Zone 2: Sardavar Leed Lattasel
Sardavar Leed Lattasel is much smaller than the previous zone, contains decent treasure and is quite easy to navigate. Upon entering, however, you will face a room with two Conjurers having difficulties with a mean-spirited Gas Room Trap at D, effectively guarding two Varla Stones (V) and accompanied by the usual Gas Trap at E. You can wait for the Conjurers to meet their demise in the gas, or you can simply fight them as they are already weakened. Make sure you have enough health and claim the two stones, then pick one of the three exits to the south. If you choose the entrance in the center, you will arrive above the boss-leveled Conjurer at A; if you choose one of the other two entrances, stairs will lead you down to the boss as well. Dispose of him and loot the boss-leveled Ayleid Cask at B. Finally, backtrack to door C, leading back to the first zone Sardavar Leed.
- 1 boss-level Conjurer at location A on map
- 2 Conjurer Enemies (each 50% probability Conjurer, 50% Daedra)
- 1 boss-level Ayleid Cask 01 (Conjurer variety; locked) at location B on map
- 2 Varla Stones at V
- 1 Ayleid Coffer
- 1 Ayleid Reliquary (locked)
- 1 Chest 04
Doors and Gates:
- There is one door (at C) in/out of this zone, leading to the zone Sardavar Leed
- 2 Iron Gates (opened remotely) at F and G