|This page is currently being redesigned for the Oblivion Places Redesign Project (OPRP). The page needs in-game walkthrough(s) to go along with the maps and content lists. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Needs in-game verification. See the OPRP project page for explanation of what needs to be to complete the verification process.
|# of Zones||2|
|1 boss-level Chest 02|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|SinkholeCaveExterior, SinkholeCave, SinkholeCave02|
|Northwest of the Imperial City, on the island side of the lake|
- The cave's name appears to come from the deep chasm in the second zone.
- This cave contains 23 Cairn Bolete plants and 10 Wisp Stalk plants.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel 4, 19
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Sinkhole Cave (editor name SinkholeCaveMapMarker). The entrance door is SE of the marker, 60 feet away.
- 0-2 Bandit Enemies (each 50% probability melee , 25% archer Bandit, 25% Dog) are near the entrance
- 0-1 Mud Crab is near the entrance
- 1 Wilderness Creature (Plains variety) is near the entrance
- 4 bedrolls are at locations b on map
 Zone 1: Sinkhole Cave
- 3-6 Bandit Enemies (each 50% probability melee , 25% archer Bandit, 12% Dog, 12% Nuisance Animal)
- 3 Nuisance Animals
- 2 Chests 01 (1 locked)
- The following ingredients will always be found: 2 Apples, 1 Bread Loaf, and 2 Carrots
- The following plants will always be found: 16 Cairn Bolete plants and 10 Wisp Stalk plants
- Some of the above items are clustered at location E: 1 Apple, 2 Carrots, and 1 Chest 01 (locked)
- 1 Pressure Plate trigger at location G on map
- 1 Swinging Log trap at F
- 1 Swinging Mace trap at I
- 1 Tripwire trigger at H
Doors and Gates:
- There are three doors in/out of this zone
- 2 bedrolls at locations b on map
 Zone 2: Sinkhole Great Hall
Sinkhall Great hall can by accessed by two doors. The lower level of the zone can be reached from door C. The upper area is accessible through door D, and from there the player can simply fall down into the lower area. The boss level chest can be reached by crossing the deep chasm running across the zone. The fall is always lethal and the planks are rotten plank traps that will break should the player attempt to use them; however, the gap can be easily jumped even by a player with low acrobatics. The bandit near the boss level chest will always attempt to use the rotten planks, which is a simple way to get rid of him or her.
- 3 Bandit Enemies (each 50% probability melee , 25% archer Bandit, 12% Dog, 12% Nuisance Animal)
- 4-5 Nuisance Animals
- 1 boss-level Chest 02 (Bandit variety) at location B on map
- 1 Chest 01 (locked)
- 1 Chest 02
- The following ingredients will always be found: 1 Apple and 2 Bread Loaves
- The following plants will always be found: 7 Cairn Bolete plants
- 1 Falling Log trap at location G on map
- 4 Rotten Plank traps at E
- 1 Tripwire trigger at F
- 1 Abyss located in the dark gray area
Doors and Gates:
- There are two doors (at C and D) in/out of this zone, both leading to the zone Sinkhole Cave