Skooma is an illegal narcotic drink/substance manufactured from refined Moon Sugar. Skooma is extremely addictive and banned by the Empire in some parts of Tamriel.
In Oblivion, Skooma is a Potion that can be drunk, with the following characteristics:
|Skooma||0004E0A9||Damage Intelligence 2 points
Drain Agility 60 points for 20 seconds
Fortify Speed and Strength 60 points for 20 seconds
Skooma is valuable and often smuggled, being used as a form of currency amongst criminals. Unlike in Morrowind, where law-abiding shopkeepers do not touch it, merchants in Cyrodiil will buy and sell skooma freely.
Several skooma dealers can be found in and around Cyrodiil usually in hidden and out of sight spots, such as Shady Sam and Nordinor. A skooma den can also be found right above Carandial's house in Bravil. There is also a skooma smuggling ring led by Dulfish gro-Orum that can be uncovered in Cheydinhal through investigation by the player.
Skooma never appears randomly, and most skooma does not respawn. Only the locked barrel outside Myvryna Arano's shack at the Waterfront has respawning skooma, which is then transported each week by Oghash gra-Magul to a hollowed-out rock by Walker Camp. Apart from this trade, the skooma vendors below have a respawning inventory.
These vendors have respawning skooma in their merchant chests. You can purchase it from them, but you cannot obtain the skooma by pickpocketing.
- 5 bottles: Nordinor, between The Fair Deal and Silverhome on the Water, Bravil
- 1 bottle: Shady Sam, outside the wall of the Imperial City
Unless stated otherwise the bottles are sitting out in the open. There is a total of 130 bottles of skooma.
- 3 bottles: Skooma Den, Bravil (in a Wooden Chest). The occupants of the Skooma Den carry additional Skooma:
- 15 bottles: Trenus Duronius' Private Quarters, Temple District, Imperial City (all in Wooden Chests, three of which are locked with Very Hard locks)
- 11 bottles: Riverview, Cheydinhal (3 in a Wooden Chest)
- 10 bottles: In the locked barrel outside Myvryna Arano's House every Tirdas, as noted above. See Oghash gra-Magul's schedule for more details.
- 8 bottles: Fort Alessia Assembly Hall (in "A Battered Crate")
- 4 bottles: Southwest Watch Tower, Imperial City
- 3 bottles: Lord Manor North Wing, Castle Bravil (in a Wooden Chest)
- 3 bottles: Dar Jee's House, Leyawiin (in a locked Wooden Chest)
- 3 bottles: Floyd Nathan's House, Blankenmarch (in a Wooden Chest)
- 3 bottles: Greyland (outside Leyawiin) (in a Wooden Chest)
- 3 bottles: Leyawiin Mages Guild (in a Wooden Chest)
- 3 bottles: Lorkmir's House, Elven Gardens District, Imperial City, sitting on the dining room table
- 3 bottles: M'dirr's House, Border Watch (in a Wooden Chest)
- 3 bottles: Ra'Jahirr's House, Leyawiin (in a Wooden Chest)
- 3 bottles: Red Diamond Jewelry Private Quarters (upstairs), Market District, Imperial City
- 3 bottles: Robber's Glen Cave (in a Wooden Chest)
- 2 bottles: Adrian Decanius' Private Quarters (upstairs), Elven Gardens District, Imperial City
- 2 bottles: Roland Jenseric's Basement, Temple District, Imperial City, on the bar
- 2 bottles: The Best Defense Basement, Market District, Imperial City
- 2 bottles: The Feed Bag Private Quarters (upstairs), Market District, Imperial City
- 2 bottles: The Merchants Inn Rooms (upstairs), Market District, Imperial City
- 1 bottle: The Serpent's Wake Cargo Hold, Anvil