|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
Could use better wording and a more in-depth walkthrough
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's .
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to Sir Casimir to find out what happened to the Gauntlets of the Crusader.
- Travel to the Chapel of Stendarr in Chorrol; talk with Areldur and Kellen to find out what they know.
- Lift the curse from Kellen, and retrieve the Gauntlets of the Crusader.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 The Chapel of Stendarr
In Chorrol's chapel, you will find the gauntlets on the floor surrounded by candles, too heavy to lift. Speak to Areldur, who should be standing nearby, and tell him you'd like to know the story of the gauntlets. He tells you that the curse that makes the gauntlets too heavy to lift is also killing Kellen, a descendant of Sir Casimir, who was cursed here.
 Kellen's Curse
Kellen is staying at the chapel, and can be found in a bedroom in the Chapel Hall. If you talk to Kellen about the curse, he claims that Areldur acts as if he is withholding information. Return to Areldur, who will now admit that he knows that the only way for him to free Kellen of the curse would be to take it on himself, but is afraid to do so. He asks if you know of someone who would pray to Stendarr and take on Kellen's curse.
Activate the Altar of the Nine in the Chapel, and you will be asked whether you wish to take the curse. Accept and you will receive a quest update telling you that you can now Lay Hands on Kellen to free him of the curse. This will give you the Lesser Power Lay Hands. Go to Kellen and use the power on him, freeing him and the gauntlets of the curse. In exchange, you are afflicted with the Curse of the Consumed, which constantly damages your fatigue by 5 points. The only way to rid yourself of the curse is to continue with the quest line: upon receiving The Blessing of Talos, the curse will be removed.
Return to the main level and you can now pick up the Gauntlets of the Crusader. This quest is complete and the Priory of the Nine quest is updated with the information that you have found another artifact.
- Your fatigue normally regenerates by 10 points per second, so the Curse on its own will not stop you from regenerating to full if you stand or walk. Running consumes up to 8 fatigue per second, though, so it's possible to run down your fatigue that way, in addition to the other ways any character could expend fatigue. If you're a Journeyman or higher of Athletics, your running fatigue consumption is reduced to the point that you will regenerate fatigue slowly even while running with the Curse.
- The Curse of the Consumed may not actually damage your fatigue when you take it on.
 Journal Entries
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage ND06 stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: Priory of the Nine||Up: Knights of the Nine||Next: Multiple Possible Quests|