Oblivion:The Coldest Sleep
 Quick Walkthrough
- Receive the next contract.
- Make your way up the mountain to Hoar-Blood.
- Decide how you will kill him and his wolf companion.
- Make your way to the next dead drop.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 The Target
Your orders instruct you to travel to Gnoll Mountain to kill Havilstein Hoar-Blood. According to the dead-drop orders, he murdered a mead hall chieftain back on Solstheim and the victim's sister wants bloody revenge. This is out of the ordinary, as Nord tradition dictates some form of material compensation.
 Up the Mountain
Travel to Bruma, you then need to head directly east to Gnoll Mountain. The easiest way up the mountain is the trail. Follow the trail that starts at the Bruma East Gate. Take the left path when you get to the "Bruma-Imperial City" crossroads. Take the first right when you get to Dragonclaw Rock. You'll run into a Bandit camp very shortly, so be ready. Continue east past the camp. Now, head up the mountain and across the bridge. Hoar-Blood and Redmaw (his wolf companion) can be found at the end of the trail.
 Killing Hoar-Blood
Similar to your other targets, Havilstein is well equipped, with an almost full set of leveled light armor, and a leveled battleaxe, which is usually enchanted. He never eats, so no use of poisoned apples this time. He does sleep though, so you can approach him at night for an easy kill. If you're still having trouble with executing him, remember the terrain you're fighting in; the steep Jerall Mountains allow for painful fall damage, or try getting him in a place where he will be unable to easily reach you.
 The Next Dead Drop
Now that business has been taken care of, you should head for Nornal to collect your reward/next contract. The ruins are filled with rats, crabs and marauders, this doesn't change if you're higher than level 5. Upon entering, head down the stairs and take a right. Dive under the water and swim towards the door. It's locked. There exists A Rusty Key, that opens the lock, if your security skill isn't that high. However, an alternative way of entering the room is to use a potion or item that gives you "Water Walking on Self" and walk through the iron bars above the door, effectively bypassing the gate. In the chest is your gold and your next contract. You could also just jump out of the water to get over the gate.
 Journal Entries
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- On the PC, it is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage Dark15Coldest stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: A Matter of Honor||Up: Dark Brotherhood||Next: A Kiss Before Dying|