|Quest||Dunbarrow Cove (quest)|
|Location||Dunbarrow Cove (place)|
|Items||Dunbarrow Cove Items|
|Released||May 22, 2006|
|Xbox 360||Xbox live for 150 MS Points|
|For problems related to installation, see Installation Issues|
- The Thieves Den provides you with everything you need to outfit your stealth-based character for missions. Rediscover the legendary Dunbarrow Cove and the ancient pirate ship The . Dunbarrow Cove not only provides a home base to operate out of, you can purchase new vendors, trainers, and even an upgrade to your sleeping quarters with the loot from your heists. —Former Official Summary
- Uncover a famous pirate's lost ship and claim it for your own. Designed for stealth-based characters. -Current Official Summary
[Original description from obliviondownloads.com]
Centuries ago, Anvil was a small collection of ramshackle huts famous for being a violent haven for pirates, refugees, thieves, thugs, and any other men and women of ill intent who happened to wash up in Anvil Bay. The Empire, distracted by the activities of the Camoran Usurper, seemed unable to stop the relentless pirates of Anvil as they assaulted merchant ships throughout the Abecean Sea. During this time, one pirate captain stood out above all others -- Captain Torradan ap Dugal and his ship, the Black Flag. Captain Dugal organized the pirates who frequented Anvil into a loose crime syndicate called the Red Sabre. Captain Dugal began a campaign to control the local trade routes and supply lines between Hammerfell, the Summerset Isles, and Cyrodiil.
Shortly after the defeat of the Camoran Usurper in 3E 267 the Imperial Navy, lead by Commodore Fasil Umbranox, were able to muster the men and ships necessary to mount a campaign against Captain Dugal and the Red Sabre. After months of campaigning the Red Sabre was broken, most of its commanders captured or killed, and the Black Flag was eventually driven to a final standoff in Anvil Bay. In a last ditch effort to elude capture, Torradan sailed the Black Flag into the shadow of a large rock outcropping overlooking the bay hoping to use the setting sun to outwit the Imperial Navy and escape. However, Commodore Umbranox anticipated this move and with the aid of the Imperial Battlemages, he collapsed the outcropping around Torradan and his ship.
The Empire believed Torradan to be dead, but the collapse of the outcropping formed an unnatural cavern around the Red Sabre. Torradan and his men were trapped inside, with only the supplies contained within the Black Flag to sustain them. They managed a strange life underground for many years as they plotted their escape. They modified the Black Flag to serve as their home and caught fish from the newly formed cavern. Eventuallylast of them died, never again having seen the light of day.
However, life was very different above ground. Following the defeat of Captain Dugal, Fasil Umbranox’s men occupied the ramshackle town of Anvil, burning it to the ground and forcing its population of thieves, murderers, and beggars to flee in the surrounding countryside. As a reward for his efforts, Commodore Umbranox was granted the title of Count Anvil and given the funds to raise a new city from the ashes of Old Anvil. A city where lawful citizens could live and trade without fear of the crimes of the past. As the final symbol of his victory, Count Umbranox built his castle on top of the very outcropping where Torradan ap Dugal had been defeated.
- A fully detailed environment for your character to own and explore.
- Free sleeping space: never pay for an inn again!
- Five upgrades for your lair.
- Hire vendors designed especially for thieves, rogues, and assassins.
- As you upgrade your lair new pirates will join your crew and provide you with income.
- Over 45 new items.
- 15 new spells.
- A training chest to train your security on!
- The Smuggler's Key, used to access a secret entrance leading from the Smuggler's Cave to Anvil Castle's Dining Hall and Royal Quarters.