|Unicorn (RefID: 0001EC59)|
The Unicorn is the focus of Hircine's Daedric shrine quest, in which you are asked to kill the unicorn and return its horn to Hircine. It is found in Harcane Grove protected by three Minotaurs of the Grove. The unicorn is present from the beginning of the game, even if you have not started Hircine's quest.
The unicorn can be ridden like a regular horse and used as a free mount. The unicorn is equivalent to a white horse in speed, has a very powerful attack, is resistant to several types of attack, and reflects damage. However, it will attack almost anyone or anything wielding a weapon (including fists) and will not stop attacking until its target is dead. This means that the unicorn will attack monsters, enemies, allies, and even the player, in most cases. Accidentally pulling out a weapon at any time, or raising your fists, even to defend the unicorn, will lead to the player being attacked. However, the unicorn may not attack the player if its disposition is sufficiently high, for example, if the player character has high Fame. The unicorn does not react to destruction or conjuration magic, so it may be a more suitable mount for players who focus on these skills (the unicorn will not attack conjured creatures, but it will attack Everscamps).
 Related Quests
- If you do not want the unicorn as your horse, do not mount it. The minute you mount it, the unicorn will replace your old horse; every time you fast travel the unicorn will be used as your mount.
- Riding the unicorn should be avoided whenever allies are following you, which occurs during a number of quests in the Fighters Guild questline, Main Quest, as well as other quests, such as those involving Mazoga the Orc. This is because an ally will draw their weapon to attack hostile creatures and become a target for the unicorn.
- The Unicorn does not count towards your "Horses Owned" statistic.
- You can't purchase horse armor for the unicorn.
- The unicorn, when not being ridden will return to the grove