Oblivion:Unmarked Cave

The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Jump to: navigation, search
This page is currently being redesigned for the Oblivion Places Redesign Project (OPRP). The page needs in-game walkthrough(s) to go along with the maps and content lists. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Needs in-game verification. See the OPRP project page for explanation of what needs to be to complete the verification process.
OB-mapicon-Cave.png
Cave:
Unmarked Cave
(view on map)
# of Zones 3
Occupants
Mixed Monster/Animal Enemies, Animals
Important Treasure
1 boss-level Chest
Console Location Code(s)
UnmarkedCave01Exterior, UnmarkedCave01, UnmarkedCave01b, UnmarkedCave01c
Region
Great Forest
Location
North of the Red Ring Road, South of the Orange Road, West of the Silver Road
Unmarked Cave

Unmarked Cave is a medium-sized cave between the Imperial City and Bruma containing monsters. It contains three zones: Unmarked Cave, Unmarked Cave Mazeway, and Unmarked Cave Black Queen's Hall.

[edit] Notes

  • This cave was apparently intended to be part of a quest that was never completed. One result is that most of the cave is inaccessible without taking advantage of exploits.
    • PC Only This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
    • To the right when you first enter this cave is a locked door that requires a unique key to open, and thus cannot be picked. This door leads to the second section of the cave, Unmarked Cave Mazeway. However the key for this door does not actually exist in the game (or even in the game's construction set; see the Talk Page), nor is there any script that unlocks the door. Therefore you can normally only explore part of the first zone.
    • Unmarked Cave Black Queen's Hall contains a chest identified in the construction set as ChestMS25DungeonMythicEnemyRare01. The chest's name demonstrates that it was supposed to be used as part of a miscellaneous quest identified as "MS25". No such quest exists in the distributed version of the game, however, and this is the only reference anywhere to MS25. Despite its interesting name, the chest is completely empty.
    • One other possible clue related to this quest is a "Rumor" dialogue that can be heard in Cheydinhal: "Dervera Romalen is sure proud of the Newlands Lodge. I think she's especially happy that the Red Queen drinks there." This is the only mention anywhere of a "red queen". It is possible that the unfinished quest involved both a red queen and a black queen.
    • The only known way to explore this cave (without using Console commands) is by using an exploit to go through the cave in reverse, starting at the exit. In the northern section of the accessible part of the first zone is a cave with a hole in the ceiling; in a normal cave, this hole would be used to jump down from the upper level and exit after exploring the entire cave. Using both the Floating Paint Brushes Cheat and good Acrobatics it is possible to jump up through this hole. This allows you to explore the Unmarked Black Queen's Hall and beyond. However, even from the other side, it is not possible to unlock the door without using the console.

[edit] Exterior

Key to Maps
Map of Unmarked Cave, Exterior
  • The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel 4, 28
  • This location's map marker (M on map) is named Unmarked Cave (editor name UnmarkedCave01MapMarker). The entrance door is NNE of the marker, 50 feet away.
  • 0-2 Monsters are near the entrance
  • 1 Wilderness Creature (Forest variety) is near the entrance
  • 1 Wilderness Creature (Forested Mountains variety) is near the entrance
  • The following plants can be found near the entrance: 1 Green Stain Cup plant, 18 Monkshood plants, and 8 Summer Bolete plants

[edit] Zone 1: Unmarked Cave

Unmarked Cave

Occupants:

  • 5-8 Mixed Monster/Animal Enemies (each 80% probability Monster/Animal, 20% Rat)
  • 6-8 Animals

Treasure:

Traps:

  • 1 Cave In trap at location T on map

Doors and Gates:

  • There are four doors in/out of this zone
    • 1 door (at Out) leads outside
    • 2 doors (at D and C) lead to the zone Unmarked Cave Mazeway
    • 1 door (at E) leads out of dungeon to Unmarked Cave Black Queen's Hall
  • 1 Wood Door at G (locked, says 'key required' but there is no key)

[edit] Zone 2: Unmarked Cave Mazeway

Unmarked Cave Mazeway

This zone has sections that are underwater

  • This zone is split in half by a deep trench of water. If you work through the maze of tunnels, you are able to get around the trench. If you jump in to the water, the only way out is a short underwater tunnel (no Water Breathing needed) that leads back to the first zone. There is one underwater chest in the trench.
  • There is a corridor near the water trench (but not in the same cave room) where rocks tumble down blocking further progress. You can clear rock debris enough to get passed it using a Weak Fireball or Fireball. At the end of the corridor to the left the floor, ceiling and walls end right there, at what seems to be a vast underground lake. If you jump out into it though, you find your self outside of the map. You can look back and see the layout of that level as if you had turned Collision off (using the TCL console command). It may be that there is no key because the quest-line (as well as the map) was never completed before release (or they just didn't bother to build anything after the rock-fall figuring you couldn't get past it). It is possible to get back inside the map by going directly below a door, looking straight up, jumping out of the water, and using the door.

Occupants:

  • 13-14 Mixed Monster/Animal Enemies (each 80% probability Monster/Animal, 20% Rat)

Treasure:

Traps:

  • 2 Cave In traps at locations T on map

Doors and Gates:

  • There are three doors in/out of this zone
    • 2 doors (at D and C) lead to the zone Unmarked Cave
    • 1 door (at F) leads out of dungeon to Unmarked Cave Black Queen's Hall

[edit] Zone 3: Unmarked Cave Black Queen's Hall

Unmarked Cave Black Queen's Hall

Occupants:

  • 7-10 Mixed Monster/Animal Enemies (each 80% probability Monster/Animal, 20% Rat)

Treasure:

Doors and Gates:


Personal tools
 What is this Ad?
Report Ad