This article describes specific places of interest in Cyrodiil that are not marked on your map, do not appear on the compass, and aren't directly related to any of Oblivion's quests. Some of the places on this list do not have official names or titles, in which case unofficial names have been used to describe the places.
 Bandit Outpost
Southwest of Roland Jenseric's Cabin are some small stone walls that appear to be the ruin of a former building. Within the walls there is a stone floor with a tan cup and jug lying on it. As the name suggests, the ruin is inhabited by bandits.
 Bralsa Andaren's Bedroll
This bedroll is placed near the Wayshrine of Kynareth, north of Fort Dirich and east of Nonungalo. It is occupied by eccentric master Destruction trainer Bralsa Andaren and you will have to track her down during the Destruction Training quest. The bed is free to sleep in, although Bralsa will sleep next to you between 11pm and 7am.
 Burnt Down Tower
There is an island in the center of the Niben River directly south of Fort Irony. On this island are two trees: a white-barked tree with golden leaves and a burnt, black tree with no leaves. Between the two trees is a mysterious burnt down tower. Inside the burnt down tower is a small crate containing minor treasure, a sack of grain, and a locked chest containing a moderate amount of gold. There are also two Nirnroot nearby. one on the island and one across the bridge near three wooden steps.
 Dark Grove
Southeast of Cheydinhal, just to the right of the 'o' in Valus Mountains, there is a circle of large, dead trees. In the center of the circle is a fairly large black rock covered in cobwebs and some thin spikes with some skulls skewered on them. Between the spikes is a chest (with a small lit candle sitting on top of it) containing a small amount of gold and minor treasure. You may also notice some fireflies flitting about the grove.
 Lonely Grave
 Ruined Structure
Halfway between Cloud Top and Sancre Tor is a ruined stone cylindrical structure that sits beneath a wooden bridge. The structure can be accessed by entering through the main entrance or by leaping off the wooden bridge and falling into the building (it has no roof). Within the open building is a sack containing gold and a chest containing minor treasure. The structure resembles a fort tower.
In the Abecean Sea northwest of Anvil, near the Ayleid ruins of Beldaburo, are the remains of a wrecked ship. Outside the ship on the sand is an open chest containing a silver urn and a silver tankard, an empty open barrel, a shattered crate, a half buried empty chest, and a chest containing some gold and minor treasure. There is also a Nirnroot nearby. You cannot enter the wreckage.
 Skingrad Graveyard
Close to Skingrad, just north of the Derelict Mine, there is a graveyard with a stone circle in the middle. The graveyard may be partially destroyed by an Oblivion gate later in the game, which will force some of the coffins to the surface.
 The First All Things Alchemical
Falanu Hlaalu set up a store southeast of the Imperial City, near Memorial Cave, before moving it to Skingrad. You can explore the ruins of the original store, where you will find three Resist Fire potions, (two potions of Insulation, one strong potion of insulation), two chests (containing gold and minor treasure), one sack containing gold, two barrels containing alchemical ingredients, and a well. The area also contains many unique trees not found anywhere else.
 The Northern Stairs
The Northern Stairs can be found to the northwest of Cloud Ruler Temple on a high mountain. At the top of the large stone stairs are two beacons that sit in front of a chest containing minor loot. The chest does not respawn and therefore it can be safely used for storage.
 Mercenary's Camp
Mercenary's Camp is a small campsite outside the Ayleid ruin of Malada consisting only of an extinguished campfire, a cooking pot, and a locked chest containing minor treasure. Although usually uninhabited, the camp is used by Maric's mercenaries during the quest Nothing You Can Possess. During their brief stay here, bedrolls appear at the camp which are free to sleep in, before the mercenaries remove them half way through the quest.
 Mountain View Camp
Mountain View Camp is an unmarked camp found southeast of Gnoll Mountain, close to Frostcrag Spire (if you have the Wizard's Tower official plug-in installed). On a clear day, the camp provides a good view over Bruma and the Jerall Mountains. It contains no bedroll. It is possible that this is the camp used by the wizard who designed Frostcrag Spire, as it is mentioned in the Frostcrag Spire Memoirs that he rested at a camp overlooking the Jerall Mountains when he came up with the idea to construct the spire.
Up the path from the main campsite, on top of some boulders, sits a flagless flagpole. A sack half submerged in snow, a bottle of wine (that you cannot pick up) and an extinguished campfire surround the flagpole. With the Wizard's Tower official plug-in installed, the flagpole (being so close to the site of the spire) will be deleted from the game.
Although the Old Bridge near the Imperial city is marked on the map, there are many unmarked bridges out there. Some are large, some are small, and the designs are many and varied. The grander bridges that cross the long bodies of water seem to be arched and made of stone, while there are also crude log bridges crossing shorter bodies of water. Keep an eye out for nirnroot while crossing bridges, and beware of Bandits and Highwaymen that will often attack while you're crossing the bridges.
 Bridge Locations
- Lake Rumare has some grand bridges such as the large arched bridge on the southeast side of the lake near Fort Alessia. Also, the stone bridge that connects Chestnut Handy Stables to Weye is pretty notable. There are also some more minor bridges constructed with log and stone jotted about there.
- The Niben River has some bridges around it. Although it is one long body of water, there are various islands dotted about that are connected to the mainland by small wooden bridges. There is a large bridge north of Fort Redman inhabited by a couple of Bandits.
- Lesser Rivers such as the Silverfish and Panther Rivers have many bridges. The Imperial Bridge Inn, on the bank of the Silverfish River for example, has a couple of small bridges near it.
There are many unmarked harbors in Cyrodiil. You will find the vast majority of them around the banks of Lake Rumare and the Niben River, although there are some along the banks of smaller rivers too. They usually consist of a small wooden dock, a rowing boat by the side, sometimes with coils of rope and tall wooden lampposts illuminating the dock. Some harbors include a small pier extending from them. Often there are some containers lying on the dockside- jewelry boxes, chests, crates, barrels, sometimes even coffins! Harbors are worth exploring because there are often small treasures such as jewelry, potions and gold lying around them. You may also come across nirnroots at harbors. There is not much action at harbors, although you might get to fight the odd Mud Crab.
 Pier Locations
- Around the banks of Lake Rumare: one just north of Vilverin, one near the exit of the Imperial Prison Sewer, one at the mainland side of the small wooden bridge connecting City Isle to the mainland, one immediately north of Weye, and a small one north of Sinkhole Cave.
- Some dotted about the banks of the Niben River: one near the White Stallion Lodge, another southwest of the Ayleid ruin Culotte.
- Some spread around the lesser rivers of Cyrodiil: one near Black Dog Camp at the bank of the Panther River. There is also a small harbor near Cadlew Chapel, at the mouth of the Silverfish River that peculiarly has coffins lying around it. This possibly has a connection to the sinister Necromancers that hang about the nearby chapel...
- One near Battlehorn Castle, west of Chorrol.
 Other Unmarked Places
There are several other types of places that do not appear on your map, which are described on their own individual articles:
- Ayleid Wells: There are 35 Ayleid Wells, which provide temporary Restore Magicka and Fortify Magicka effects.
- Magical Stones: There are both Rune Stones (providing Bound Armor and Bound Weapons) and Doomstones (providing new Greater Powers).
- Wayshrines: There are 29 Wayshrines, each dedicated to one of the Nine Divines. They provide healing and a Fortify Attribute blessing.
- Unmarked Camps: A list of the unmarked Camps in Cyrodiil
- Unmarked Roads: Roads that do not appear on your map.
- Isolated House: A house alone in the wilderness, halfway between Bravil and Skingrad.
- Melus Petilius' House: A small shack near Brindle Home where the former champion Melus Petilius lives.
- Fort Pale Pass: An unmarked fort found at Pale Pass.
- The Sentinel: An ancient statue found northeast of Bruma.
- Lord Vlindrel's Tower: A tower found southwest of Chorrol. KotN